• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pauls Gas Lawrence MI

autosurgeon

imported post

I just got done talking with two of the three employees in Pauls gas and they stated that the owner has put it at their discretion. So far they both said they have no problem with it and that it makes them feel more comfortable knowing that law abiding citizens carryy and might show up at any time. I still have one employee to talk with so once that is done I will be able to give you all the good word hopefully.

I know all of these folks pretty well so that helps. I knew the owner really didn't care but I do have to respect his position on the employees. It's not like he really has that much turnover as he pays good and lets them rotate shifts so no one gets burned out on one shift.

Right now if you see a guy working the counter or a little short lady you are good to go.. The last employee is a tall middle aged lady who likes to go tanning..... should be easy enough to spot...

I'll update this as soon as I know more.

autosurgeon

imported post

I was carrying there about 1 week ago and there was a question about the legality of OC in a liquor store. As I have my CPL that is legal for me... Anyway I gave the employees and owner pamphlets and let the dust settle for about 4 days and then went in and discussed it with the owner and two of the employees.. hence the post about Pauls gas....

I will note that they were not hostile even at the first because they know me... but since they asked I educated them in the hopes that if someone that they don't know walks in they won't call MWAG on you!

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I was carrying there about 1 week ago and there was a question about the legality of OC in a liquor store....
There's no question of legality in a liquor store. Legal. The only question of legalityis in places where it's served and consumed.

autosurgeon

imported post

Of course there is no question for you and me. We know the law but for someone who did not there was a need for education. Also the person in question is from Texas so he is new to the whole OC thing... Once I showed him what the law says about liqueur stores and pistol free zones he was cool with it. He told me that he carries concealed at work and I don't blame him as he closes most of the time and the store has been hit in the past. I am not sure the owner is ready to have his employees OC but that may come with time. But even if it doesn't the fact that he lets them CC at work is a step in the right direction.

hopnpop

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Of course there is no question for you and me. We know the law but for someone who did not there was a need for education. Also the person in question is from Texas so he is new to the whole OC thing... Once I showed him what the law says about liqueur stores and pistol free zones he was cool with it. He told me that he carries concealed at work and I don't blame him as he closes most of the time and the store has been hit in the past. I am not sure the owner is ready to have his employees OC but that may come with time. But even if it doesn't the fact that he lets them CC at work is a step in the right direction.
Indeed - good good