• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle's hypocrisy, social bigotry v. gay gun owners

Dave Workman

Dave Workman

imported post

That's good information, and I will update the column in about an hour. Many thx!!!

Please feel free always to forward THE LINKS to anyone and everyone. It helps build my circulation numbers.

Long as people click on the links, I get credit for a hit.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Hmmm, what would be really nice would be if the NRA could buy every person in the gay pride parade a 9mm Hi-Point, open carry holster and pay for anyone who wants to get a CCL along with a free membership to the NRA. Total cost per person would be around 250 dollars (estimate) at maybe 500 people who might take them up on it costing a total of 125,000 dollars... cheap and effective advertising... plus swelling the ranks. The NRA could put aside 500,000 to meet any demand beyond that... if they did it now, many people could have their weapons by the time of the parade... but the NRA would have to act within five days in order to get everyone a gun by that time.

Just a thought.

Dave Workman

imported post

The next best thing is those NRA buttons from a few years ago when Chuck Heston was president that said "Armed with PRIDE"

I gave a bunch of those to a guy named Ray Carter and I think he put them to very good use.

Charles Paul Lincoln

imported post

What would happen if we organized an Open Carry picnic and leased city property for a location? Seems if we were denied a permit/lease there might be standing to sue the city for discrimination based on a constitutional right. Seems like Seattle Center might be a great place for a gun show, too.

Charles

5jeffro7

imported post

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a group of about a thousand of us or so just simply show up and join the parade...might get new members & "mayor 5 pennies" really couldn't do much.

I'll try my contacts at "the abbey" to see what they think :lol:

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
I was actually thinking more along the lines of a group of about a thousand of us or so just simply show up and join the parade...might get new members & "mayor 5 pennies" really couldn't do much.

I'll try my contacts at "the abbey" to see what they think :lol:
I think I have a rainbow colored shirt.... an old tie dye.

joeroket

imported post

Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:
What would happen if we organized an Open Carry picnic and leased city property for a location? Seems if we were denied a permit/lease there might be standing to sue the city for discrimination based on a constitutional right. Seems like Seattle Center might be a great place for a gun show, too.

Charles
At this point the city would be acting in the same capacity as a private property owner and would have the ability to put so many restriction that you really would not be able to successfully carry on a gun show. Why do you think we have the PNWSA vs Sequim case? Because Sequim put so many restriction on them that it essentially shut down their show.

44Brent

imported post

Charles Paul Lincoln wrote:

Charles

Just to see what kind of contortions the city would try, I would like to suggest a slight variation:
  1. Someone reserves and rents a picnic area at one of the parks under some innocuous personal name.
  2. After the reservation has been made, announce an "Open Carry" event at the picnic. Don't provide the exact picnic table/shelter number, but just a general location ahead of time. Provide the exact location only at the time the picnic starts, as this would prevent the City from identifying a specific person whose rental agreement they could try to cancel.
  3. Invite the media.
  4. Maybe TWO people could make reservations for two different shelters on the same park at the same time for purposes of creating redundancy, and make it more difficult for the city to know who to target for cancellation of the reservation.
Waitand see what the city does to try to weasel out of the reservation. Develop a counter strategy as needed based on the actions of the city.

Regardless of what the city does, have everybody show up anyway and procede with a barbeque.

bugly

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Or try to make it sound like it is an anti gun event. Maybe calling it "Why we shouldn't allow Concealed Pistol Liscensing" event.
ROTFLMAO! that would be perfect until they found out what it was REALLY about...

Mad Pick

imported post

Good article, Dave.

One note: Your PrideFest link in the first paragraph doesn't work.

5jeffro7

imported post

I"ve been using some reverse logic to come up with a solution & think I may have come up with a viable answer.

if, according to state law, businesses are allowed to 1) prevent loitering in their doorways & in front of their businesses, and 2) prohibit weapons in/arond their business, then using reverse logic, it should be that businesses are also allowed to ALLOW weapons in/around their establishment.

Perhaps someone on this forum has contacts with some businesses on the parade route & we could be granted permission to set up some tables & distribute flyers.

any thoughts?

Jeff

44Brent

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Or try to make it sound like it is an anti gun event. Maybe calling it "Why we shouldn't allow Concealed Pistol Liscensing" event.

That would be quite humorous. However, there's aproblem with that approach: there are likely a few people monitoring this forum on behalf of Nickels. Therefore, anything that particularly identifies on this forum, a person or organization that rents a picnic table or shelter would be quickly targeted by Nickels. That's why I suggested an approach that would not allow Nickels' staff to easily connect a specific rental to a group of OCers.