• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

See what some shooter has done at recreational shooting area

Manu

imported post

$2,500 reward in dog shooting

[size=-1]
11:18 AM PDT on Thursday, June 11, 2009
[/size]

[size=-1]KING5.com Staff[/size]

M_IMAGE.121622b89b8.93.88.fa.d0.6e5822a2.jpg

King County Animal Care and Control

This 4-year-old rottweiler was found shot and tied to a log near North Bend, Wash. on May 31, 2009. The dog had to be put down due to its injuries.

NORTH BEND, Wash. – A $2,500 reward is being offered to find whoever shot a dog and left it to die off a forest service road near North Bend.

King County Animal Care and Control says the 4-year-old rottweiler was found on May 31 wearing a pinch collar and tied to a log 20 feet down an embankment at a popular, but unofficial recreational shooting area.

The dog underwent surgery to deal with the most life-threatening injuries, but was left paralyzed by the attack. Four days later, the dog had to be euthanized.

The Humane Society has put up the reward in hopes the person responsible will be prosecuted.
"It's a class C felony to intentionally shoot a dog and leave it to suffer and we are asking for the community's help in finding those responsible,” said Nancy McKenney, King County Animal Care and Control Interim Manager.

The dog was seen by witnesses riding in the back of a dark colored pick-up truck in the area around 10 a.m. on May 31.

Anyone with information can call the King County Animal Care and Control tip line at 206-296-3939.

ChuckUFarley

imported post

Manu wrote:
$2,500 reward in dog shooting

[size=-1]
11:18 AM PDT on Thursday, June 11, 2009
[/size]

[size=-1]KING5.com Staff[/size]

M_IMAGE.121622b89b8.93.88.fa.d0.6e5822a2.jpg

King County Animal Care and Control

This 4-year-old rottweiler was found shot and tied to a log near North Bend, Wash. on May 31, 2009. The dog had to be put down due to its injuries.

NORTH BEND, Wash. – A $2,500 reward is being offered to find whoever shot a dog and left it to die off a forest service road near North Bend.

King County Animal Care and Control says the 4-year-old rottweiler was found on May 31 wearing a pinch collar and tied to a log 20 feet down an embankment at a popular, but unofficial recreational shooting area.

The dog underwent surgery to deal with the most life-threatening injuries, but was left paralyzed by the attack. Four days later, the dog had to be euthanized.

The Humane Society has put up the reward in hopes the person responsible will be prosecuted.
"It's a class C felony to intentionally shoot a dog and leave it to suffer and we are asking for the community's help in finding those responsible,” said Nancy McKenney, King County Animal Care and Control Interim Manager.

The dog was seen by witnesses riding in the back of a dark colored pick-up truck in the area around 10 a.m. on May 31.

Anyone with information can call the King County Animal Care and Control tip line at 206-296-3939.
:cuss:What a dueshbag

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

While I abhor people who abuse animals... they are just animals. When you talk about how this person "deserves to be tied to a tree themselves"... it gets a little scary to me. No matter what you think of dogs, they are not human and they can be considered property and as repugnant as it sounds, the owner of his or her own property can do with it what he or she wishes. If someone wants to raise dogs for target practice... it should be no one's business.

It sickened me when Michael Vick went to jail... and for what??? Dog fights?

Dogs are animals... they are property and any laws which will put an owner in jail for doing with his property as he sees fit are very bad laws indeed.

Remember, standing up for Liberty and Freedom means having to accept what people do with their liberty and freedom no matter how repugnant as long as it does not infringe on another human's Liberty with a requirement of obligation.

The most this guy should be charged with is littering.

tat2ed_guy

imported post

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
While I abhor people who abuse animals... they are just animals. When you talk about how this person "deserves to be tied to a tree themselves"... it gets a little scary to me. No matter what you think of dogs, they are not human and they can be considered property and as repugnant as it sounds, the owner of his or her own property can do with it what he or she wishes. If someone wants to raise dogs for target practice... it should be no one's business.

It sickened me when Michael Vick went to jail... and for what??? Dog fights?

Dogs are animals... they are property and any laws which will put an owner in jail for doing with his property as he sees fit are very bad laws indeed.

Remember, standing up for Liberty and Freedom means having to accept what people do with their liberty and freedom no matter how repugnant as long as it does not infringe on another human's Liberty with a requirement of obligation.

Sorry, but I have to say we have an idiot among us....
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

compmanio365

imported post

When I say "deserves to be", I don't mean, "government thugs with badges should come and do it", just that it's what the person deserves. So if you thought I was advocating government involvement or charging with a crime, not at all. I was however, saying that's what the person deserved, whether it ever happens or not. That's my opinion, and I'm just as entitled to mine as you are yours. If you don't like that, too bad.

Prophet

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
If someone wants to raise dogs for target practice... it should be no one's business.

You should be hunted down and beaten. You actually sicken me. You are like a flag burner. They say its their right to burn the flag...fine...then its my right to wrap then in that fiery flag and laugh while they burn.

That fact that there are people like you in the world with the hubris and arrogance to think that only one living thing on this planet matters is disgusting and just shows why society is so ****** up...namely people like you.

It would be poetic justice if one day, you were walking down the street and some nice looking gentleman smiled or harmless looking old lady smiled to you as you passed and then when your guard is down they plunge a knife right through you stomach in order to rob you and feed their perverse crack addiction that they hid so well. Then they should leave you to die in the street like the base animal that you are. I mean...its their right to pursue happiness in a crack addicted stupor at the expense of lil ole you. I mean, the sum of your chemical parts add up to about $4.50. Think of the high that crackhead is going to get. And what did the world lose? Some animal hating loser and a his worth of about $4.50.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

tat2ed_guy wrote:
Sorry, but I have to say we have an idiot among us....
You must be a modern "Obama lovin" liberal...

I on the other hand am a realist and an originalist Republican... very similar to today's Libertarians. I believe in the Libery as expressed by persons like Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklinand James Madison.

While I may not agree with that person's treatment of the dog, it isn't your business and it isn't my business. Some people eat dogs... and to tenderize them... the beat them while still alive. They beat them until dead over a period of a day or two. This is a practice which goes back thousands of years. It isn't too different than how we treat our cattle, sheep, calves or poultry. Do you have a problem with our treatment of meat? Are you a member of PETA?

I'm an idiot for respecting another human being's Liberty? Yeah, ok, whatever.
1998_rolling_eyes_back.gif

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Prophet wrote:
You should be hunted down and beaten. You actually sicken me. You are like a flag burner. They say its their right to burn the flag...fine...then its my right to wrap then in that fiery flag and laugh while they burn.
Wow, did you just threaten me for voicing my opinion? hmmm, something tells me that is a violation of the terms on this site. And yes, I support a person's right to burn the flag in spite of how repugnant I find the act. Respecting freedom and Liberty means respecting (not having respect for, but honoring another's right to it) Liberty expressed in ways we find repulsive.

Prophet wrote:
That fact that there are people like you in the world with the hubris and arrogance to think that only one living thing on this planet matters is disgusting and just shows why society is so @#$%ed up...namely people like you.
Um... you just threatened to burn another human being... and you're saying I'm F-ed up?:lol:

Prophet wrote:
It would be poetic justice if one day, you were walking down the street and some nice looking gentleman smiled or harmless looking old lady smiled to you as you passed and then when your guard is down they plunge a knife right through you stomach in order to rob you and feed their perverse crack addiction that they hid so well.
And I'm sick because I recognize people view animals differently? Seek professional help... you are a disturbed person.

Prophet wrote:
Then they should leave you to die in the street like the base animal that you are. I mean...its their right to pursue happiness in a crack addicted stupor at the expense of lil ole you. I mean, the sum of your chemical parts add up to about $4.50. Think of the high that crackhead is going to get. And what did the world lose? Some animal hating loser and a his worth of about $4.50.
What part of "requiring no obligation from anyone else" do you not understand about exercisingLiberty? Seriously, the fact that you threatened me over this shows you are very unstable... and you should not be carrying a gun... in fact, I would suggest the owners of this site report your information to your local police in order to have your weapons taken from you as you obviously are not mature enough to possess such deadly weapons.

FunkTrooper

imported post

What if your dog was being violent so you put it down with your trusted shotgun? Granted this guy left the dog to die so it doesn't compare, but do we need laws to tell us right from wrong?

44Brent

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty, you are an evil person. Please leave this forum and go somewhere else.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Seriously, you people who are getting worked up hereneed some serious therapy... and as for the bloke who threatened me... I hope you're not such a hothead when you carry your gun. Because with attitudes like yours, you'll make our whole movement seem like the "right wing" nutjobs they think we are.

Do you people think that anyone who eats a burger is evil or is dumber than a cow? I mean come on people... grow up.

Animals are just animals no matter what you project on them... and no amount of ad hominem attacks on me will change that fact.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm still wondering how they know the dog seen riding in the back of the pickup truck earlier is the exact same Rotty.

DEROS72

imported post

While I don't advocate intentional mistreatment of critters for fun and amusment I do agree they are animals.You don't put someone on trial for shooting a dog.Howeverthis person'sirresponsibility with a firearm is disturbing.My brother who is a vegitarian puts it like this."While I don't eat meat for health reasons I'll kill a cow in a heartbeat for a coat."Animals were put here for our use.