Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ocing with Deacons @ my door

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    Thought I OC for the Deacons (12 year old boys)from "the Church" collecting fast offerings last Sunday. At first one was like :what:and the otherthey just rolled with it and one said, hey you got your gun on! We all had a laugh.

    Good times!

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

    What's funny is my bishop carries as well!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    100

    Post imported post

    Great to hear, I wish you were in my ward!
    I carry an XD40 Sub Compact because of work, sometimes i think about getting a full service XDM for when I am not at out, but with training I can make the SC work just fine!

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    Bennelli wrote:
    I carry an XD40 Sub Compact

    I have and carrya Springfield XD sub compact .40 also! Way cool fellow XD carrier!:celebrate

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orem, Utah, USA
    Posts
    385

    Post imported post

    bmeldrum wrote:
    That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

    What's funny is my bishop carries as well!!
    LoL! When a High Councilman and the Elder's Quorum President came to visit when we moved into the ward.

    At Elder's Quorum the previous Sunday I introduced myself and said, "I'll probably be the guy you see carrying a firearm around." When they visited I had my XD40 Service on the EQP was like, "You weren't kidding."

    I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    Outsider wrote:
    bmeldrum wrote:
    That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

    What's funny is my bishop carries as well!!
    I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.
    LOL! I can see her point,you don't want to be falling in the pool and ruining your XD!:celebrate

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orem, Utah, USA
    Posts
    385

    Post imported post

    bmeldrum wrote:
    Outsider wrote:
    bmeldrum wrote:
    That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

    What's funny is my bishop carries as well!!
    I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.
    LOL! I can see her point,you don't want to be falling in the pool and ruining your XD!:celebrate
    Last I checked they would survive that and still shoot... Hmm...
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Layton, Utah, USA
    Posts
    275

    Post imported post

    But you still have to keep it pretty...and they cleaning after getting it wet...that could be a pain.

  9. #9
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795

    Post imported post

    I find the ward/neighborhood Independence Day breakfast (held at the Stake park in our area) is a great time to "take my gun for a walk" and OC something very visible.

    Government sponsored activities on this day are also a great place to OC.

    I personally don't generally OC to make a statement, but Independence and Election Day are two exceptions. And my Utah permit allows me to OC into the gov/union school that is our usual polling place.

    I do recommend being familiar with the law, having a copy of those laws with you (the flier that someone has done up is excellent), and being flexible on your schedules just in case you have to chat with local police for few minutes.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    202

    Post imported post

    utbagpiper wrote:
    I do recommend being familiar with the law,
    Being familiar with the laws/rules are very important! I second that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •