Thread: Ocing with Deacons @ my door

Post imported post

Thought I OC for the Deacons (12 year old boys)from "the Church" collecting fast offerings last Sunday. At first one was like :what:and the otherthey just rolled with it and one said, hey you got your gun on! We all had a laugh.

Good times!

Post imported post

That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

What's funny is my bishop carries as well!!

Post imported post

Great to hear, I wish you were in my ward!
    I carry an XD40 Sub Compact because of work, sometimes i think about getting a full service XDM for when I am not at out, but with training I can make the SC work just fine!

Post imported post

Bennelli wrote:
    I carry an XD40 Sub Compact

I have and carrya Springfield XD sub compact .40 also! Way cool fellow XD carrier!:celebrate

Post imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
    That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

LoL! When a High Councilman and the Elder's Quorum President came to visit when we moved into the ward.

At Elder's Quorum the previous Sunday I introduced myself and said, "I'll probably be the guy you see carrying a firearm around." When they visited I had my XD40 Service on the EQP was like, "You weren't kidding."

I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

Post imported post

Outsider wrote:
    bmeldrum wrote:

I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.
    LOL! I can see her point,you don't want to be falling in the pool and ruining your XD!:celebrate

Post imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
    Outsider wrote:
    bmeldrum wrote:

LOL! I can see her point,you don't want to be falling in the pool and ruining your XD!:celebrate
    Last I checked they would survive that and still shoot... Hmm...
    Charles A. Hall, self-proclaimed Lone Eagle || Carry: Kahr CW40
    Lone Eagle Observer (http://www.charlesahall.us)
    Facebook Page || http://twitter.com/CharlesAHall

Post imported post

But you still have to keep it pretty...and they cleaning after getting it wet...that could be a pain.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I find the ward/neighborhood Independence Day breakfast (held at the Stake park in our area) is a great time to "take my gun for a walk" and OC something very visible.

Government sponsored activities on this day are also a great place to OC.

I personally don't generally OC to make a statement, but Independence and Election Day are two exceptions. And my Utah permit allows me to OC into the gov/union school that is our usual polling place.

I do recommend being familiar with the law, having a copy of those laws with you (the flier that someone has done up is excellent), and being flexible on your schedules just in case you have to chat with local police for few minutes.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Post imported post

utbagpiper wrote:
    I do recommend being familiar with the law,
    Being familiar with the laws/rules are very important! I second that.