• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ocing with Deacons @ my door

Bennelli

imported post

Thought I OC for the Deacons (12 year old boys)from "the Church" collecting fast offerings last Sunday. At first one was like :what:and the other:)they just rolled with it and one said, hey you got your gun on! We all had a laugh.:lol:

Good times!:)

bmeldrum

imported post

That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

What's funny is my bishop carries as well!!

Bennelli

imported post

Great to hear, I wish you were in my ward!
I carry an XD40 Sub Compact because of work, sometimes i think about getting a full service XDM for when I am not at out, but with training I can make the SC work just fine!

Outsider

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
That's awesome! I'm in the elder's quorum presidency and we went on visits last night, all 3 of us dressed in white shirt, ties, and I have my XD on. I always carry when I go on visits or Home teaching.

LoL! When a High Councilman and the Elder's Quorum President came to visit when we moved into the ward.

At Elder's Quorum the previous Sunday I introduced myself and said, "I'll probably be the guy you see carrying a firearm around." When they visited I had my XD40 Service on the EQP was like, "You weren't kidding."

I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.

bmeldrum

imported post

Outsider wrote:
bmeldrum wrote:

I would do that but my wife hates me carrying when we go to a Ward BBQ by the pool.
LOL! I can see her point,you don't want to be falling in the pool and ruining your XD!:celebrate

Outsider

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
Outsider wrote:
bmeldrum wrote:

LOL! I can see her point,you don't want to be falling in the pool and ruining your XD!:celebrate
Last I checked they would survive that and still shoot... Hmm...

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

I find the ward/neighborhood Independence Day breakfast (held at the Stake park in our area) is a great time to "take my gun for a walk" and OC something very visible.

Government sponsored activities on this day are also a great place to OC.

I personally don't generally OC to make a statement, but Independence and Election Day are two exceptions. And my Utah permit allows me to OC into the gov/union school that is our usual polling place.

I do recommend being familiar with the law, having a copy of those laws with you (the flier that someone has done up is excellent), and being flexible on your schedules just in case you have to chat with local police for few minutes.

Charles