Thread: Dane County Open Carry Experiences

Post imported post

Carried using the Jim Doyle approved method in Madison eastside Farm & Fleet, Mounds Pet Supplies, Borders, and Shopko. Bought stuff in each, staff in each very helpful. Enjoyed a cup of coffee in Borders while browsing “Gun Digest” (I did buy it.)No reaction from any other customers except some smiles.:celebrate

It seems that police chiefs and municipal attorneys are trying to create an issue where there is none.

Had a very scary conversation with the police chief of my suburban Madison community. Quotes and my thoughts after he said it.
    Quote: “I don’t understand what you people are trying to do.”

My thought: The same thing that southern police chiefs said to civil rights activists in the 60s.

Quote: “I have nothing against gun ownership, I'm a hunter.”

My thought:Ahh... the I am a hunter routine.AlthoughI enjoy watching a good dog work when huntingpheasants, I don’t like killing things.

Quote: “When they wrote the constitution, they had no way of knowing that there would be the extensive law enforcement that we have today.”

My thought: What the 2nd Amendment is not relevant? If the Founders would have realized that the local constable would become a quasi-military organization equipped with assault weapons and armored personnel carriers provided by the national government, the 2nd would have been more strongly worded. Why don’t you mention that pesky Wisconsin Constitution?

Quote “If you carry here, it’s not like that West Allis situation that happened on private property. If someone calls in a “man with a gun you can be charged with disorderly conduct.” My officers have no way ofknowingthat you have not had some recent tragedy that may be affecting you and will approach you accordingly.

My thought, if I open carry, I am presumed nuts and a risk. How do you spell

C-H-I-L-T-O-N and L-A-W-S-U-I-T.

When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Post imported post

You got to just love all the cops that dont care about the law at all. Like the laws are just some paper stuff, and it is up to him to decide what is good for us...

Just dont let him stop you. He knows he is wrong.

Post imported post

Flipper wrote:
    Carried using the Jim Doyle approved method in Madison eastside Farm & Fleet, Mounds Pet Supplies, Borders, and Shopko.* Bought stuff in each, staff in each very helpful. Enjoyed a cup of coffee in Borders while browsing “Gun Digest” (I did buy it.)No reaction from any other customers except some smiles.:celebrate

It seems that police chiefs and municipal attorneys are trying to create an issue where there is none.*

Had a very scary conversation with the police chief of my suburban Madison community.* Quotes and my thoughts after he said it.
    Quote: “I don’t understand what you people are trying to do.”*

My thought:* The same thing that southern police chiefs said to civil rights activists in the 60s.*

Quote: “I have nothing against gun ownership, I'm a hunter.”*

*My thought:**Ahh... the I am a hunter routine.**Although*I enjoy watching a good dog work when hunting*pheasants, I don’t like killing things.*

Quote: “When they wrote the constitution, they had no way of knowing that there would be the extensive law enforcement that we have today.”

*My thought:* What the 2nd Amendment is not relevant?* If the Founders would have realized that the local constable would become a quasi-military organization equipped with assault weapons and armored personnel carriers provided by the national government, the 2nd would have been more strongly worded.* Why don’t you mention that pesky Wisconsin Constitution?

*Quote “If you carry here, it’s not like that West Allis situation that happened on private property.* If someone calls in a “man with a gun you can be charged with disorderly conduct.”* My officers have no way of*knowing*that you have not had some recent tragedy that may be affecting you and will approach you accordingly.

My thought, if I open carry, I am presumed nuts and a risk.* How do you spell

C-H-I-L-T-O-N and L-A-W-S-U-I-T.

And yet when police departments are sued for not having protected someone who is killed, by a stalker for instance, the defense is the police have no responsibility for individual protection but only for protection of society as a whole, which has been upheld by at least one court (and I can't cite it at this moment). If I recall correctly, the court said (among other things) that if an individual wanted specific protection, they would need to hire their own security. The responsibility of police departments was protection of society, not individuals.

Fine, let me protect myself.

Post imported post

Carried using the Jim Doyle approved method in my Madison suburban community this morning. Walk through the main shopping area for the community on the way to the hardware store. No looks of concern by anyone.... including a number of "little old ladies."

Asked for assistance at the hardware store, bought a tomato plant, walked home, again trying to be visible to as many people as possible.No reaction anywhere. Planted tomato plant in backyard garden while armed.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Banned

Post imported post

Flipper wrote:
    Planted tomato plant in backyard garden while armed.
    Guns and Tomato Plants.... I love it!

Post imported post

http://www.firearmsandliberty.com/ka...rotection.html

Police have no duty to protect link

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Flipper wrote:
    Planted tomato plant in backyard garden while armed.
    Guns and Tomato Plants.... I love it!
    Lots of tomato plant thieves out there, gotta play it safe!
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

Flipper wrote:
    Carried using the Jim Doyle approved method in my Madison suburban community this morning. Walk through the main shopping area for the community on the way to the hardware store. No looks of concern by anyone.... including a number of "little old ladies."

Asked for assistance at the hardware store, bought a tomato plant, walked home, again trying to be visible to as many people as possible.No reaction anywhere. Planted tomato plant in backyard garden while armed.
    The reactions from sheeple are deafening: they don't care.