Thread: Taurus 709

Post imported post

I really like the looks and spec's on the new Taurus 709, but have not been able to locate one. Has anyone actually handled one? Can you share your impressions with me? what is the story on the delayed availability?

Thanks,

Brian

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

Post imported post

I generally have a low opinion of most all Taurus products. This is just from personal experience and reputation. I do own their .45 long/.410 Judge revolver and love it. It seems to be the only thing they've really gotten right.

It looks like you're looking for a conceal piece. I too am in the market for one and have been checking out this Bersa CC found here.

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa380cc.php

I've heard good things and while I usually go with something more of a "name" brand but I'm probably going to give this little guy a shot.
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Post imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
    I generally have a low opinion of most all Taurus products. This is just from personal experience and reputation. I do own their .45 long/.410 Judge revolver and love it. It seems to be the only thing they've really gotten right.

It looks like you're looking for a conceal piece. I too am in the market for one and have been checking out this Bersa CC found here.

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa380cc.php

I've heard good things and while I usually go with something more of a "name" brand but I'm probably going to give this little guy a shot.
    Funny, I have a Taurus .357 revolver, and have a very high opinion of it. It has been nothing but dependable and useful at a very reasonable price.

I also have the Bersa 380. I like it. but would like more power in a similar size package. There are not many choices in a single stack 9mm these days. I would like a Springfield EMP, but a $1,000 purchase is not going to happen in this economy!

Brian

Post imported post

I have a 3rd gen Taurus PT111SS Mil Pro and for CC and OC I couldn't be happier. I have about 3000 rds through it now with 1 FTF that I think was caused by a weak charge on the round right before it. other than that this thing just runs!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

After giving up on getting the 709, my dealer called yesterday and had an all blue Taurus 709 Slim on hold for me! I like some of the feature they included: A loaded chamber indicator much like the XD, A safety trigger like the XD+ Glock. It is the size of the Bersa 380, but lighter. The only thing missing would be an extended magazine option like the XD sub-compact. I am eager to get to the range and see how it shoots.

Brian