• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taurus 709

bjr229

imported post

I really like the looks and spec's on the new Taurus 709, but have not been able to locate one. Has anyone actually handled one? Can you share your impressions with me? what is the story on the delayed availability?

Thanks,

Brian

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I generally have a low opinion of most all Taurus products. This is just from personal experience and reputation. I do own their .45 long/.410 Judge revolver and love it. It seems to be the only thing they've really gotten right.

It looks like you're looking for a conceal piece. I too am in the market for one and have been checking out this Bersa CC found here.

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa380cc.php

I've heard good things and while I usually go with something more of a "name" brand but I'm probably going to give this little guy a shot.

bjr229

imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
I generally have a low opinion of most all Taurus products. This is just from personal experience and reputation. I do own their .45 long/.410 Judge revolver and love it. It seems to be the only thing they've really gotten right.

It looks like you're looking for a conceal piece. I too am in the market for one and have been checking out this Bersa CC found here.

http://www.bersafirearmsusa.com/detail_bersa380cc.php

I've heard good things and while I usually go with something more of a "name" brand but I'm probably going to give this little guy a shot.
Funny, I have a Taurus .357 revolver, and have a very high opinion of it. It has been nothing but dependable and useful at a very reasonable price.

I also have the Bersa 380. I like it. but would like more power in a similar size package. There are not many choices in a single stack 9mm these days. I would like a Springfield EMP, but a $1,000 purchase is not going to happen in this economy!

Brian

autosurgeon

imported post

I have a 3rd gen Taurus PT111SS Mil Pro and for CC and OC I couldn't be happier. I have about 3000 rds through it now with 1 FTF that I think was caused by a weak charge on the round right before it. other than that this thing just runs!

bjr229

imported post

After giving up on getting the 709, my dealer called yesterday and had an all blue Taurus 709 Slim on hold for me! I like some of the feature they included: A loaded chamber indicator much like the XD, A safety trigger like the XD+ Glock. It is the size of the Bersa 380, but lighter. The only thing missing would be an extended magazine option like the XD sub-compact. I am eager to get to the range and see how it shoots.

Brian