• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealable Retention Belt Holster for my Glock?

n16ht5

imported post

Anyone have a recomendation? I'm looking for a retention holster that is concealable and tucks next to my body as close as possible.
Oh, and it has to be an OWB.

I like the design of the Sidearmor and Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock20, but when I wear them it sticks out from my body way too far. It tends to hit on just about everything I walk close to, like my truck door :/. And if I need to conceal.. Forget about it. Does anyone else have this problem? I was thinking of getting a Bianchi Fletch or a Blackhawk concealable leather belt holster. I'm not a big fan of how high the gun would ride in those, though.

wewd

imported post

http://www.safariland.com/DutyGear/product.aspx?pid=6378

I have a Safariland 6378 and I think it would work great for your purposes. I use it for OCing my G19 but they make one for your G20 as well. It is very snug against the body and I think it would conceal just fine under a jacket. It comes with a paddle and a belt slide so you can choose which one you like. I have not tried the belt slide yet. The paddle is great and has a very good retention clip. The ALS locking mechanism is way better than the Serpa as it locks into the ejection port instead of the trigger guard. It seems to be a very strong lock and the release lever is hidden against your body and someone not familiar with it would never even see it. If someone yanked on the gun or holster, it wouldn't go anywhere. The thumb lever is much more natural to operate in my opinion (similar to a thumb break holster) and there is no way for you to accidently extend your finger onto the trigger when drawing like can happen with the Serpa. It's a fantastic holster and I can't say enough good things about it.

n16ht5

imported post

that looks perfect. thanks :)

HMM>.. leather or plastic... :p

LeMat

imported post

This is what I use - a Bianchi model 82 Carrylok. I had my doubts at first, but have become very comfortable with it.

I've been using it in IDPA matches and with practice, my draws have become just as fast as those from an open-top holster (I average 1.5sec drawing from concealment and engaging with two rounds). I regularly carry concealed with this rig and it is without a doubt one of the most comfortable rigs I've used. Rides nice and tight to the body.

SkiingFeb09006.jpg