• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Salem Red Sox stadium

thaJack

imported post

Does anyone know if it is legal to carry in the Salem Baseball stadium? I believe it is owned by the City of Salem, but they also serve beer in there.

Anyone?

Thundar

imported post

Of course it is legal to open carry.

Beer would not preclude open carry , but could, depending on the ABC license, preclude concealed carry.

Now whether "they" would let you open carry to the game is another matter.

Rescue

imported post

Here is the link to their website:http://www.salemciviccenter.com/

Being from Salem, I can tell you that it is owned by the City and stated on their website is this:

"Salem went ahead with plans to construct a smaller center, but shortly thereafter Roanoke County became interested in providing Salem financial support. This made it possible to enlarge the civic center to the full-size arena it is today. The $2.5 million civic center operated for a number of years as the Salem-Roanoke Valley Civic Center before the City assumed sole proprietorship in 1983."

"Located on 65 acres of land, the complex is home to not only the Salem Civic Center, but also Salem Football Stadium and Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium."

I have never carried there but I know of someone that attempted to OC at a game last year and was quickly told by Salem PD that they would have to store it in their vehicle. From what I understand, this person was a recruit at the Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy at the time. I didn't witness this take place but I heard about it from reliable sources that did.