• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Auto carry

Mule Skinner

imported post

I have pulled up info off the web and also have a manual describeing the law in Az. that pertains to Carrying a fire arm in an auto. My question is how up to date is this info. And what are the present laws on this subject.? Where do I need to go to find an up date? Whos laws overides whos,( State, County< City)?

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

From an earlier post:

Anywhere the firearm is in plain view. Holstered on your body, on the dash board, laying on the passenger seat etc. Arizona law also says keeping a hand gun in the glove box, or center console is still considered open carry. If you choose either of the two places, keep your information elswhere (clipped to your sunshade) And technically if the firearm is holstered, it can be anywhere in the vehicle,even concealed. Seeing that it takes two steps to access the firearm. I would stay clear of this option though, too many gray area's. You best bet it to keep it holstered to your body

curtm1911

imported post

IIRC, under the seat even in a holster is still considered Concealed and NothavingaPermit is gonna get you in trouble for it. IANAL, but I seem to remember this from CWP class, Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mule Skinner

imported post

Thanks for the info. Thats the way I read it to. I was just wondering if the info had been out dated. I know that last year they passed a law in az that being caught without a CC permit if you had a CC weapon on you was just a misdemenor. I carry the reg. book in the truck with me at all times with the pages marked pertaing to auto carry.