• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

july jackson open carry picnic

cabman1

imported post

lets try a picnic at cascades park in jackson on sunday july 19th????
GET TOGETHER INFO
Where: cascades park corner of brown street and denton

Date:July 19th

Time:noon

Map:94/127 exit go south on west ave to kibby take a right go to denton street take a right park is on the corner of denton and brown

Supply List

Grill - cabman1
Dogs/Buns - cabman1
Brats/Buns -
Burgers/Buns -
Potato Salad -
A Dessert -
Chips -
Condiments -
Cooler - cabman1
Ice -
Water - t.vance
Pop -
Napkins/P-Towells - t.vance
Paper Plates -
Plastic Ware -
Video Camera/Camera -
Signs -
Paper handouts -

cabman1

imported post

T Vance wrote:
Anyone else attending?
I sure hope so I called channel 10 they said the would put it on there things to do and will more then likely attend and the local paper said they would try to get some one down there i hope its not just the 3 of us down there

T Vance

imported post

I can't use my name or image on TV or in the paper since I am going to be a teacher. Sadly they frown upon things like this (from what I'm told anyway).

autosurgeon

imported post

Hmmm well I am a teacher and I don't let em worry me... they know my views ... and as long as I don't preach it in class they don't care! Of course one of the other teachers can have an Obama hour every day......

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Hmmm well I am a teacher and I don't let em worry me... they know my views ... and as long as I don't preach it in class they don't care! Of course one of the other teachers can have an Obama hour every day......
I'm a teacher too, w/ tenure though, which makes it a little more difficult to rid themselves of my "pistol packin'" opinions. My students are very aware that I own firearms and that I have a cpl. I have a few targets that exemplify how well I shoot hanging on my office wall. Students who notice usually say "Damn, you're a good shot" or something to that effect. This usually cuts down on any behavior problems I might have.:D

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I've had the experience of walking through a store OCing, having a student recognize me and come up to talk and the parent with them makes small talk about the Glock in my holster. When I first started carrying daily, I was also surprised the number of teachers and administrators that either had a cpl themselves or were otherwise very supportive of 2nd Amendment rights. We even had a group of about 15 school employees go out for a "range day". Although most were at least somewhat supportive of carrying and using firearms, the group had about 4 people who could be described as "Anti's". The interesting part of this is that after a day at the range, all have changed their opinions about firearms and one even went so far to eventually get a CPL. All of the former "Anti's" thanked me and the other teacher who had planned the range day for showing them that firearms are not "evil" and that a day at the range can be quite therapeutic.

As exemplified by our OC picnics and just OCing in general, the more we can show people that firearms are not to be feared in and of themselves and that the use of firearms does not denote "criminality" or "compensation for certain inadequacies", the better our society in general will be.

cabman1

imported post

Just got off the phone with the jackson citizen patriots Caitlin Schneider. She said they will be attending the luncheon hope to get alot more members out there!!!!!!:celebrate:celebrate:what::celebrate:lol: WILX said they will try to attend also!!!!!!