• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

StanwoodSpartan

imported post

I am new to this website and I just turned 21 in April. The first thing I did was go down to the Stanwood PD, and get my License to Carry Concealed Pistol....I'm taking to be the same thing as a CPL. I have thought that I can only carry while pistol is concealed, but stumbled across this website. I have looked through a couple pages of forums and haven't found a straight up answer whether I can open carry or not with my CPL.

Any answers would be greatly appreciated...:D

jbone

imported post

Lots of locals here, Maybe we should all car pool to the Bellevue OC picnic Jun 27th. Great place for StanWoodSpartan to meet an awesome OC support group.

deanf

imported post

Just some advice:

READ READ READ here in OCDO-WA. Go back a year or two. Make sure you understand the history of the movement and the legal theory behind why OC is legal in WA, and be comfortable with it. Do this before you carry, and when you do, you will be more confident, and able to deal with questions from the public in general and LEO if it comes to that.