Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: AM 620 talks OC right now!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    27

    Post imported post

    Just FYI 12:20 on Friday and taking calls!

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    Here is a link to the podcast.

    The open carry segment starts at about 1/4 of the thru... I'm listening to it now.




  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    He's against open carry but he's got good ideas about "truth in sentencing". I thinka guy like this could be easily turned around into supporting open carry though.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    I think he make great points, and I agree with him about pretty much everything.

    I would prefer concealed carry and I think it has advantages over open carry, however, that doesn't mean I want to see open carry go away, our right to open carry must remain! But I do think that the amount of open carry would be reduced with concealed carry.

    I know that states which I have the option of concealed or open carry, I carried concealed.

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    Mugenlude wrote:
    I think he make great points, and I agree with him about pretty much everything.

    I would prefer concealed carry and I think it has advantages over open carry, however, that doesn't mean I want to see open carry go away, our right to open carry must remain! But I do think that the amount of open carry would be reduced with concealed carry.

    I know that states which I have the option of concealed or open carry, I carried concealed.
    I agree that a lot of times I'd rather CC, especially when it gets cold in the winter. My problem is that he was talking about all this training and permitting B.S. and that changes your right into a privilege. I mean, it sounded like he wanted to get rid of OC and only have permitted CC. I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.

    I would rather see both open can concealed carry as a right.



    At the minimum, I would tolerate a NH style license system (regarding fees, and process only) where the permit is valid for life.


  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    Jared wrote:
    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.

    I would rather see both open can concealed carry as a right.



    At the minimum, I would tolerate a NH style license system (regarding fees, and process only) where the permit is valid for life.
    CC as a privilege is a Libertarian thing.....whoops, you caught me.

    Private property owners have the right to know whether you're armed or not. OC ensures that right to them and CC does not.

    If we want others to respect our rights we must respect theirs as well.

    Now, CC on your own property, or in your vehicle, definitely a right.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    902

    Post imported post

    Brass Magnet wrote:
    Jared wrote:
    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.

    I would rather see both open can concealed carry as a right.



    At the minimum, I would tolerate a NH style license system (regarding fees, and process only) where the permit is valid for life.
    CC as a privilege is a Libertarian thing.....whoops, you caught me.

    Private property owners have the right to know whether you're armed or not. OC ensures that right to them and CC does not.

    If we want others to respect our rights we must respect theirs as well.

    Now, CC on your own property, or in your vehicle, definitely a right.

    In a libertarian world property owners don't have a right to know upfront if you are carrying concealed. They are free to ask you. But forcing OC to "inform" property owners does not make any sense. Leaving the constitution aside, in a liberarian world, CCW is a right because the act of CCW does not infringe or violate someone elses rights.

    Before someone brings up the rights of property owners in such a world, it's irrelevant. They could post a sign or whatever, but you would not be obligated to tell them that you are CCW'ing. That's like saying if a property owner does not want people of native american heritage in his store, are you going to give him a blood test to "inform" or "assure" him???? I think not.


  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.
    WHAT?
    Are you kidding me? Since when should my right to carry whether it be OCor CC become a @#$%ing privilege?

    Let me be perfectly clear here... This Forum is about OC! If you want to promote your rights becoming a privilege so you can CC then go somewhere else! Do not come here promoting any type of carry as a privilege. That is ridiculous! Whether I choose to OC or even unlawfully CC it is my GOD given RIGHT! If any of you are going to try to push CC as a privilege and interfere with my right to OC you are in for a fight you will not win! Why don't you start a new web site called CCasaprivilege.org and lets see how many members you get. Until then stop coming on here and giving these lame anti gunners any ammunition. The USSC said that I do not need a permit or license and neither do I have to register to exercise My rights.
    Let's keep it that way!

  10. #10
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.
    WHAT?
    Whoa nellie, you need to settle down. Did you even READ my post? I never said anything about turning OC into a privilege. I said that OC is THE RIGHT. Get out your glasses and try again.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    I read exactly what you said. You said you support CC as a PRIVILEGE. Neither should be a PRIVILEGE! They are your RIGHT!

  12. #12
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    I read exactly what you said. Neither should be a PRIVILEGE! They are your RIGHT!
    Ok, so comprehension is the problem then, sorry to imply you needed glasses.


    If you don't care about property owners rights then you're as bad as the other side that cares about everything but the 2A. So all you care about is your perceived right and not my actual rights. A pick and chooser, if you will.

    If you come on my property and you areOC, I can at least see it and I can kick your butt out ifI don't like it.If you don't leave, you get it for trespassing. If you come and CC on my property, you are violating my rights to know what is happening on my property. God bless Texas because there I could just put one inyourknee.My rights trump your rights on my property and if you don't like it you don't have to come there, just like a store with a no weapons policy.

    Many others on this OPEN CARRY forum have the same view so go admonish someone else. Instead of telling me to go to a different forum why don't youstart your own forum called http://www.IcareAboutMyRightsButNotYours.org You said it yourself, this is an open carry forum, not a cc forum and I'll do just fine sticking by my guns that OC's a right and CC's a privilege.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    Jared wrote:
    In a libertarian world property owners don't have a right to know upfront if you are carrying concealed. They are free to ask you. But forcing OC to "inform" property owners does not make any sense. Leaving the constitution aside, in a liberarian world, CCW is a right because the act of CCW does not infringe or violate someone elses rights.

    Before someone brings up the rights of property owners in such a world, it's irrelevant. They could post a sign or whatever, but you would not be obligated to tell them that you are CCW'ing. That's like saying if a property owner does not want people of native american heritage in his store, are you going to give him a blood test to "inform" or "assure" him???? I think not.
    Although I disagree with you, you at least put up a compelling argument.

    I would disagree; inthat if a property owner does in fact have a sign and you CC on his property, you are violating his rights.

    Now, could I be compelled to believe that the difference is implied consent vs. consent. I think so. If you brought up an argument that in an implied consent situation, such as a store with no sign, you could CCW without letting anyone know I would tend to agree. In that case youprobably aren't violating rights. Implied consentsays that you can do anything that's legal outside the store, inside the store. If youcan CCW legally outside, you should be able to inside. If,;however, a sign was up, you have an obligation to go along with the property owners wishes. Now, in a situation where you are coming onto my private property or into my abode, you are violating my rights by not telling me because there is no implied consent.

    So that brings up a third option. Let's say you tell a private property owner that you are CCW in a non-implied consent situtation. Are you violating his rights for already being on his property when you told him? Now that's sticky.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    Brass, as a Campaign veteran I am disappointed in your ideals that a property owner does not have the right to ask you to un-arm before entering their property. While I would not patronize that property owners business because he fails to recognize our rights I still stand by my original post that said, If you see a sign, leave, If you are asked to leave, leave. It is a matter of principal and a battle we will not win when it comes to property owners.
    Again, you bring up CC. This is about our right to carry period!
    By no means should you have to register, apply, recieve training, pay a fee or retain a permit to carry a fire arm. It is your constitutional Right and a God given Right at that. Neither OC or CC should ever be a privilege. Once something is granted as a privilege it can be taken away.

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    61

    Post imported post

    Brass Magnet wrote:
    Jared wrote:
    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.

    I would rather see both open can concealed carry as a right.



    At the minimum, I would tolerate a NH style license system (regarding fees, and process only) where the permit is valid for life.
    CC as a privilege is a Libertarian thing.....whoops, you caught me.

    Private property owners have the right to know whether you're armed or not. OC ensures that right to them and CC does not.

    If we want others to respect our rights we must respect theirs as well.

    Now, CC on your own property, or in your vehicle, definitely a right.
    If private property owners want to know, they should ask before they allow you onto their property.

  16. #16
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    Brass, as a Campaign veteran I am disappointed in your ideals that a property owner does not have the right to ask you to un-arm before entering their property.
    Where the hell did you get that? I never said that! Dude, READ PLEASE!

    The fact that property owners DO have that right is what I'm posting about.

    How about you quote my comments and put yours in there in red, then at least you can try to follow along.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chilton, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,481

    Post imported post

    You comment so much on here you lose track of what you are saying. I suggest you read your own posts.

    I quoted exactly what you said.

    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.
    You are only debating with yourself.

  18. #18
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    You comment so much on here you lose track of what you are saying. I suggest you read your own posts.

    I quoted exactly what you said.

    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.
    You are only debating with yourself.
    Then maybe I just wasn't clear enough.

    I was replying to a previous post that I didn't quote.

    My intendedmeaning was that I want to have both Open carry and Concealed carry and that I consider Open Carry to be my right and I consider Concealed Carry to be a privilege in certain situations and a right in others.

    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Racine, WI
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    J.Gleason wrote:
    Brass, as a Campaign veteran I am disappointed in your ideals that a property owner does not have the right to ask you to un-arm before entering their property. While I would not patronize that property owners business because he fails to recognize our rights I still stand by my original post that said, If you see a sign, leave, If you are asked to leave, leave. It is a matter of principal and a battle we will not win when it comes to property owners.
    Again, you bring up CC. This is about our right to carry period!
    By no means should you have to register, apply, recieve training, pay a fee or retain a permit to carry a fire arm. It is your constitutional Right and a God given Right at that. Neither OC or CC should ever be a privilege. Once something is granted as a privilege it can be taken away.
    J.Gleason - I understand where you are going from, I think we would all prefer Alaska/Vermont laws.... HOWEVER, if you haven't notice, it's currently illegal to CC your weapon, I don't care how much you want to say that it's you right, it's against the law. Therefore, if we want to get some part of our right to CC back then we are going to have to try to get a permit system. Is it the best option, no, but it's better than what we got know. If you think that saying, CC without permit or no CC, then we are going to get nothing.

    We are all on the same side here, you don't need to be attack other members, it's not helping our cause....

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    177

    Post imported post

    Jared wrote:
    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.



    At the minimum, I would tolerate a NH style license system (regarding fees, and process only) where the permit is valid for life.
    Funny..... My New Hampshire permit comes up for renewal every 5 years, ......

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    177

    Post imported post

    Jared wrote:
    Brass Magnet wrote:
    I also want both! Open carry as a right and concealed carry as a privilege.



    At the minimum, I would tolerate a NH style license system (regarding fees, and process only) where the permit is valid for life.
    Funny..... My New Hampshire permit comes up for renewal every 5 years, ......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •