Thread: Manistee County OC Events

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Post imported post

I will be contacting the media for both events within the next few days once moredetails arefinalized and again a few days prior. Anyone have any advice or think they can make it, PM me.

11 July - Bear Lake.

This will be held at my home which is on the street they close down for the car show during Bear Lake Days. We will be VERY visible!

?? July - Manistee.

This well be held at the First St. beach picnic area during the Forest Festival. When I get the dates I will post more accurate and detailed info.

-U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:
    I will be contacting the media for both events within the next few days once moredetails arefinalized and again a few days prior. Anyone have any advice or think they can make it, PM me.

11 July - Bear Lake.

This will be held at my home which is on the street they close down for the car show during Bear Lake Days. We will be VERY visible!

?? July - Manistee.

This well be held at the First St. beach picnic area during the Forest Festival. When I get the dates I will post more accurate and detailed info.

Well done keep planning.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

For the love of god! Manistee, the National Forest. My favorite place, camped thier every summer in the late 60'S &70's. Prehaps after I retire from the Navy this year I can make a trip down memory lane. Sorry to get you off track!
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

My friends and I are going to try to go camp there towards the end of the Summer. It's not Prescott, but it'll do.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Smitty, any updates for July 11th, Manistee OC Picnic?

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

Looks like the Village Counsel took my request to host a picnic and clean up day at the local park the wrong way. There was a crew out today from MiWorks. They did a bang up job and now all that needs to be done is pressure washing the courts (basketball and tennis) and repainting the lines on them.

If we get enough people I would still like to do this, if it is not done before then. Anyone interested?
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Post imported post

As for the Manistee Forest Festival, I have not had any interested people respond. The FF is currently going on and will be through the 5th. If anyone is interested in something, maybe this Saturday, I will be down there anyway.

I will, of course, be OCing - even if by myself. Something it appears I will be getting very used to in this area.
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I saw northwest Michigan events and was so excited, then saw how far south they were

/me cries

Post imported post

Sorry I can't make it. But if you need anything other manpower, do not hesitate to ask.

Post imported post

OC'd at the fireworks in Manistee on the 4th and again during the day on the 5th while walking all around the Forest Festival booths and carnival. No problems at all.
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

Post imported post

Smitty, did you have the OC Picnic as planned for Saturday, July 11th?

Post imported post

I did and nobody else showed up OC'ing. We did have several people stop in and we provided them with lunch and information about OC. None stayed very long and most were friends and acquaintances. We did see a couple new faces.

When I say we, I mean that my wife and I were OC'ing and we went for a walk downtown with some friends that came over as well. No problems all day.

We went to the parade while OC'ing and my wife's old B-ball coach saw us and asked her if hers was real. To which she replied, "Yes."

At that point I turned my strong side to him and said, "So is mine."
    -Co-founder of OKOCA