• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Manistee County OC Events

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

I will be contacting the media for both events within the next few days once moredetails arefinalized and again a few days prior. Anyone have any advice or think they can make it, PM me.

11 July - Bear Lake.

This will be held at my home which is on the street they close down for the car show during Bear Lake Days. We will be VERY visible!

?? July - Manistee.

This well be held at the First St. beach picnic area during the Forest Festival. When I get the dates I will post more accurate and detailed info.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Springfield Smitty wrote:
I will be contacting the media for both events within the next few days once moredetails arefinalized and again a few days prior. Anyone have any advice or think they can make it, PM me.

11 July - Bear Lake.

This will be held at my home which is on the street they close down for the car show during Bear Lake Days. We will be VERY visible!

?? July - Manistee.

This well be held at the First St. beach picnic area during the Forest Festival. When I get the dates I will post more accurate and detailed info.
Well done keep planning.

jbone

imported post

For the love of god! Manistee, the National Forest. My favorite place, camped thier every summer in the late 60'S &70's. Prehaps after I retire from the Navy this year I can make a trip down memory lane. Sorry to get you off track!

Springfield Smitty

imported post

Looks like the Village Counsel took my request to host a picnic and clean up day at the local park the wrong way. There was a crew out today from MiWorks. They did a bang up job and now all that needs to be done is pressure washing the courts (basketball and tennis) and repainting the lines on them.

If we get enough people I would still like to do this, if it is not done before then. Anyone interested?

Springfield Smitty

imported post

As for the Manistee Forest Festival, I have not had any interested people respond. The FF is currently going on and will be through the 5th. If anyone is interested in something, maybe this Saturday, I will be down there anyway.

I will, of course, be OCing - even if by myself. Something it appears I will be getting very used to in this area.

Springfield Smitty

imported post

I did and nobody else showed up OC'ing. We did have several people stop in and we provided them with lunch and information about OC. None stayed very long and most were friends and acquaintances. We did see a couple new faces.

When I say we, I mean that my wife and I were OC'ing and we went for a walk downtown with some friends that came over as well. No problems all day.

We went to the parade while OC'ing and my wife's old B-ball coach saw us and asked her if hers was real. To which she replied, "Yes."

At that point I turned my strong side to him and said, "So is mine."