• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentuckian coming to SC for vacation

boohickey11

imported post

Looking over carry guides for SC the only thing I'm not sure on is licensed carry in a vehicle. SC accepts my KY Concealed Carry license but I can't tell if that means I can carry in my vehicle or if I still have to keep it in the glove compartment?

Hef

imported post

If SC accepts your carry permit you may carry it on your person, but if you choose not to you must carry it in the glovebox, center console, or a container with an integral locking fastener (pistol case).

PT111

imported post

SC has reciprocity with KY so you can keep in on your person concealed. The glove box is for anyone with or without a permit.
(9) a person in a vehicle if the handgun is:
(a) secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle; however, this item is not violated if the glove compartment, console, or trunk is opened in the presence of a law enforcement officer for the sole purpose of retrieving a driver's license, registration, or proof of insurance; or
(b) concealed on or about his person, and he has a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to the provisions of Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23;
Also for Visitors to SC

SECTION 23-31-230. Carrying concealed weapons between automobile and accommodation.
Notwithstanding any provision of law, any person may carry a concealable weapon from an automobile or other motorized conveyance to a room or other accommodation he has rented and upon which an accommodations tax has been paid.

Note it says a concealable weapon but does not say it has to be concealed and you do not have to have a CWP.
Enjoy your vacation and spend plenty of $$$$$$$$.

boohickey11

imported post

Thanks guys. I'll be in Hilton Head around 6pm Saturday. I'm a college student and I'm going with my parents and siblings. They'll be the ones spending the $$$, LOL. I'll be there for the photography and armed security (strange mix?).