• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NPS Market Square

Utah_Patriot

imported post

This is all very good and I will take into consideration all of this. In the past the attorney Mitch Vilios charges a decent amount to bring forth legal action. I will probaly go the route of a formal complaint.

This brings up a good point for future problems. If we could start a non profit group where we can contribute into a general fund for legal issues and other problems thatarise. It would give us a larger say on what goes on with gun laws in Utah. Also put out a message to all police departments they need to think before they act.

If it can be arranged I would love to contribute to this cause. It would allow us to holdfundraisers to further our cause. Imagine each time our civil rights are violated being able to settle with the agenciesand show them we willnot stand down on our gun rights.

Just a Idea

thx997303

imported post

I believe we were talking about something like that before, way back when I had my issue with AFPD. Don't know what happeneds with it though.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I would be happy to donate the first amount towards starting a non-profit or legal fund for future Incidents. It might be possiable to work with Mitch Vilos on seeing what his terms would be.

Bennelli

imported post

SLCPD never were impressed with their police force, for the last 19 years that I have been living in Utah!

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I hope to attend their SLC Council meeting and personly tell my story of course I will be OC and hope to have a few members their. I will inform the Media and this Board when the date is set. TJ and the Sgt I have to say thanks for your Inspiration.

Thanks to all for your advice

bmeldrum

imported post

Wow I wouldn't have handled it that way, I would have been asking questions,what the crap is going on, what didI doetc.

Personally I've OC'd at NPS before and never had a problem, never been stopped or questioned & I didn't even have a CCW permit (still waiting on it :banghead:), I did get eyeballed by a few people though. I'm wondering if a customer noticed it and complained or spoke with a manager. That would be interesting to know the reason or why they were called.

I'm wondering if that whole area NPS/Market square is off limits for carry? Is that public or private area? When I've gone I haven't noticed any signs stating no fire arms allowed. Perhaps someone can contact the owner/manager of that facility and find out what their policy is... Just a suggestion

Utah_Patriot

imported post

I spoke with their security director Stan. He stated guns were not allowed on their property oc/cc . I have yet spoke with Kelly Farmer the owner. Stan stated if their concealed then it was hard to enforce.

I have filed a IA Investigation with SLCPD. And don't belive I have a legal standpoint yet but pursuing it.

I hope to know more soon as soon as I pick up the police report. It is belived the Officer on duty at NPS may have made some untrue statements that caused the show of force with the police department.

I will have to wait and see as soon as I get more info from both sides NPS and the Police Department.

So I will keep you informed as to what is happening

rpyne

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
Iffirearms are not allowed on the property shouldn't it be posted??!:cuss:
Utah has no posting requirement. We have tried to get one several times but the business and church lobbies have stopped it. What we got instead was the infraction trespass law for houses of worship and private residences (UCA 76-10-530), which in many ways is better since it reduces trespass with a firearm from a misdemeanor to an infraction.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Well it is offical filling a formal complaint against Salt Lake City Failed.

They investigated their own officers and cleared them of any wrong doing I guess handcuffing someone taking their gun is perfectly okay in SLC UT.

I guess the only way for them to learn is to file a Civil Suit against Salt Lake City. In which I plan to do within the next few months.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Got booted from NPS myself today.... First time I have ever been asked to leave ANY location.

A friend and I were wandering the aisles and as we are almost done... didn't find anything to buy, and all of a sudden somebody open carrying a side arm on his hip with an NPS logo on his shirt tells me, "You can't carry that here. This is private property." I immediately respond that I will be on my way then. My friend who shops there several times a week and knew the guy by name, stayed behind and plead my case. Seems NPS owners has told the employees NOT TO GIVE OPEN CARRIERS AN OPTION TO CONCEAL AND REMAIN, but they don't object to having a concealed weapon carrier there (if I remember my friends report.)

I did not, however, get the linked bracelets or detainment by the popo.

holy cow

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Got booted from NPS myself today.... First time I have ever been asked to leave ANY location.

A friend and I were wandering the aisles and as we are almost done... didn't find anything to buy, and all of a sudden somebody open carrying a side arm on his hip with an NPS logo on his shirt tells me, "You can't carry that here. This is private property." I immediately respond that I will be on my way then. My friend who shops there several times a week and knew the guy by name, stayed behind and plead my case. Seems NPS owners has told the employees NOT TO GIVE OPEN CARRIERS AN OPTION TO CONCEAL AND REMAIN, but they don't object to having a concealed weapon carrier there (if I remember my friends report.)

I did not, however, get the linked bracelets or detainment by the popo.

popo? dont you have family that is an Officer?

Utah_Patriot

imported post

So I will be drafting a letter to fax to NPS to let them know how I feel about their policy. I plan on mailing in a letter as well.

The CEO Kelly Lee Farmmer is the CEO of NPS Market Square. Also Co-Founder of Globus Relief. I plan on sending a copy to the fax at Globus.

If this does not work I have about 500 flyers I will be passing out to people on the public sidewalk. Detailing my experience at their Store.

Their Corpoarate Address is

1600 South Empire Road

SLC UTah 84104

Office Phone is 801 972 4133 Fax 801 972 5278

I would recomend a well written letter sent to them being polite but detailing how you were treated. If they get enough people maybe they will get the picture.

I am working on a E-Mail address for the CEO Will get that on Monday.

Lets see if we can change a unfair policy. I understand they have private property rights. But I have the Choice to take my money somewhere else gun friendly.

Thanks

Zachary

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

gunsfreak4791 wrote:
Went shopping at NPS on Empire road when the security officer asked me if I was Law Enforcement I said no. The Security officer said I had to conceal the firearm. So I concealed it since I was with friends. After leaving the Wherehouse I went over to Market Square with my friends. Tucked my shirt in after I left the wherehouse.

As I was shopping at market square NPS I was approched by4 SLCPD Officers two of the female officerswith shotguns and the two males officers approched me by the electronics counter. asked to speak with me One of the male officers detained me while the other took my firearm and unloaded it.

I told them where my CCW Permit was and my ID. They checked my Permit and CCW and walked me out of NPS Market in Handcuffs.

After everything verified I was released the Officer walked my firearm back to my friends Car and put it in the trunk and walked away

No Charges were filed officers were very cordial. Officers stated they just had a class on this and knew the law fairly well was very impressed
huh? And you have not yet found a lawyer to file your complaint?