• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We have two weeks until a good opportunity

Trigger Dr

imported post

Friday and Saturday 26 & 27 June is the Taste of Tacoma in Point Defiance Park. This is always a huge gathering and is a great opportunity.

OC and bring your handouts.

I am challenging each of you to be there at least one day but better if you can make it two.

sempercarry

imported post

Awsome.....26th is my birthday but I will definatly try to squeeze it in between the other meet in bellvue.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

I'm sorry, but "Taste of Tacoma"? :shock:

Seriously, they couldn't come up with a better name? I mean, I know it is to rival "Bite of Seattle", but geez, anyone who has been through Tacoma knows how bad it smells. I don't even want to THINK about how it would taste.

Heading to Costco for a drum of Listerine now....

Trigger Dr

imported post

sempercarry wrote:
Awsome.....26th is my birthday but I will definatly try to squeeze it in between the other meet in bellvue.

Darn...I forgot about the Bellyveu outing

John Hardin

imported post

kparker wrote:
911, dude, you're several decades behind the times--no smell now.
...that comment brings to mind the episode where Dirty Jobs went to the tannery, and wossname asked the guys who work there how they could stand the smell.

"What smell?"

Nebulis01

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
kparker wrote:
...that comment brings to mind the episode where Dirty Jobs went to the tannery, and wossname asked the guys who work there how they could stand the smell.

"What smell?"
Isn't being a human awesome? We're the only beings on the planet that can adjust to a smell, every other species avoids the areas that smell bad to it.

PolskiG

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
John Hardin wrote:
kparker wrote:

"What smell?"
Isn't being a human awesome? We're the only beings on the planet that can adjust to a smell, every other species avoids the areas that smell bad to it.
I don't think you could stand working in a poop factory all day, you'd probably quit

Trigger Dr

imported post

Have you ever been down to the tide flats near the rendering plant on a hot day?

That would be located near the 6 Roblees store.

bugly

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
John Hardin wrote:
kparker wrote:

"What smell?"
That must be why I tend to avoid malls, those damned perfume counters.....