Thread: Age To Openly Carry In Wisconsin

Post imported post

At what age can you legally OWN no buy a hand gun in Wisconsin?

At what age can you open carry in Wisconsin?

At what age is it legal to purchase hand gun ammunition in the state of Wisconsin?

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

We are tracking 18 years to own a handgun, open carry a handgun, and by a handgun or handgun ammo in private sales.

To buy handguns or handgun ammo from dealers you need to be 21 under federal law.

Post imported post

Mike-

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "straw purchase" for ammunition, so there's no legal penalty for taking a 21 year old friend into, say, Walmart and having them buy ammo for you, correct?

I guess I hadn't ever thought about it because I got into civil rights activism later in the game.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Rick Finsta wrote:
    Mike-

To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a "straw purchase" for ammunition, so there's no legal penalty for taking a 21 year old friend into, say, Walmart and having them buy ammo for you, correct?
    I think you are correct, you can pay somebody else to buy your ammo.

However, to do same for guns buying from dealer makes the person buying lie ont he form - hence a perjury problem.

So you need to buy the gun in an arms length actual private sale, or, get as an actual gift to try to keep everybody out of trouble with the stupid federal private sale for handguns requirem,ent for those 18-20.