Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laurie B. Bisch for Clark County Sheriff 2010 Info

Post imported post

As promised, I met with Laurie today for dinner and found that she was everything that all members of our community described:

- Very pro-gun, she brought up the issues described on this message board, including the laws that violate the Nevada Constitution & the Law in general.

- She was open carrying in the restaurant, along with me...

- She pointed out that our current sheriff was rated "F" by the NRA, and is a supporter of creating more restrictions on Gun Ownership.

I will be looking to arrange an open carry day where people can meet her.

Best,
    Pace

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Pace wrote:
    As promised, I met with Laurie today for dinner and found that she was everything that all members of our community described:

- Very pro-gun, she brought up the issues described on this message board, including the laws that violate the Nevada Constitution & the Law in general.

- She was open carrying in the restaurant, along with me...

- She pointed out that our current sheriff was rated "F" by the NRA, and is a supporter of creating more restrictions on Gun Ownership.

I will be looking to arrange an open carry day where people can meet her.

Best,
    Pace Lattin
    Thanks Pace! I was told by an officer that Laurie was running for sheriff again and was asked to support her. I think a "Meet and Greet" with her with all from this forum and others would be a great thing! Keep us informed...

Post imported post

I would like to thank everyone for their support and am looking forward to a meet and greet.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Laurie Bisch wrote:
    I would like to thank everyone for their support and am looking forward to a meet and greet.
    Hello Laurie,
    Welcome and I look forward to meeting you.

Post imported post

I bumped into Laurie at my favorite Pizza Place (Broadway Pizzeria on Rancho@Charleston) last election, and had a chance to talk to (pester) her for several minutes. I was truly impressed with her atypical attitude regarding matters near and dear to members of this forum.

I voted for her last time, and will do so again, if she runs.

---
    Carry On

Post imported post

Way cool! Thanks.

I certainly wish her the best and hope she wins.

But winning won't be easy, I fear. It is usually difficult to unseat the incumbent.

Not much I can do from northern Nevada. But I hope you Clark County guys will spread the word far & wide!

Post imported post

Based on this one issue alone (a VERY important one IMO) I will support Ms Bisch.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

vinnybass wrote:
    Based on this one issue alone (a VERY important one IMO) I will support Ms Bisch.
    +1

Post imported post

I voted against Gillespie last time around. I will most definitely vote for Laurie Bisch in the next election. Count on it.

Please let me know when you have a meet & greet and I will try to be there.

Post imported post

Hello All,

I will be hosting a meet and greet at Broadway Pizza (850 S. Rancho Dr.) on July 25th from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM. Please stop by and have a soda and a slice of Pizza. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Post imported post

Laurie Bisch wrote:
    Hello All,

I will be hosting a meet and greet at Broadway Pizza (850 S. Rancho Dr.) on July 25th from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM. Please stop by and have a soda and a slice of Pizza. I look forward to meeting everyone.

I have to work at that time. When you get a campaign office let me know and I will come by to get bumper stickers, flyers, pins, etc.

Post imported post

You got it. I will keep you posted.

Post imported post

Living in Churchill County (nearly 385 miles north of Vegas,) I won't be able to cast a vote for Laurie, but I certainly wish I could be there on July 25!

We are hosting a bowling pin/handgun shooting match that day. www.stillwaterfirearms.org/Pages/Pins.php

I certainly wishLaurie the best! Clark County NEEDS a good, pro-gunsheriff!

Post imported post

Laurie more than just pro-gun, she is an amazing trap shooter. While I was becoming a FAA risk to light planes, she hit all the clay pigeons each time...

Post imported post

I'll be there. is everybody going to be OC????

I will vote for you again. lets win this time.

Post imported post

So glad I didn't miss this. Been a few weeks since I checked in, and I would have been kicking myself had I missed the meetup. I assume Anthony and Mario know we are coming, right? Lunchtime Saturday is traditionally busy for them, I hope they are expecting us..

---
    Carry On

Post imported post

I'm new here but I'm asking the same question I asked about our get together at BWW. Is Broadway Pizza gun friendly? If so will everyone be OCing?

Thanks

Post imported post

Broadway Pizza is Gun friendly, and they are looking forward to seeing us there tomorrow. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Laurie

Post imported post

Great Laurie, see everyone there tomorrow and OCing this time.

Post imported post

Yep, I have been carrying there for years.

On that note, it is worth mentioning that I do have a method for turning a place OC friendly (works best for local establishments, not chains).

I patronize them for awhile, until they get to know me. Say once a week for a couple of months. Then I start open carrying there. Since they have seen me so many times, they are not intimidated. Sometimes they ask me about it, which gives me a chance to explain it. Sometimes they don't. But even if they don't, it becomes a silent acceptance. It desensitizes them to it. Then I come with friend next time, all OC. Before you know it, people are having OC meetups there.

Right now, I am working on Jamms (breakfast) at Rainbow&Charleston. I have been going there for a couple of months. This place is so friendly, they recognize me from the parking lot, and have my coffee & soda on the table before I get there.

A few weeks ago, I started OC. No one has asked me anything about it, but they all definitely were aware. Next I will take a few of my employees with me for breakfast one day, all OC.

You might wonder why I don't just ask if they mind, and the answer is simple: They might say no go, out of fear of liability, or what have you. But if you treat it as a non-issue, they will tend to not want to rock the boat. And when they see that no one is freaked out, it _becomes_ a non-issue.

/hijack

---
    Carry On

Post imported post

Hey we are here where is everyone?

Post imported post

Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to the meet and greet today. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to more gatherings. If anyone would like to set up a meeting at another time or place, please do so and I will be there.

Laurie

Post imported post

I really am sorry I could not be there. I have Wednesdays and Thursdays off and I could come on either of those days.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Laurie Bisch wrote:
    Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to the meet and greet today. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to more gatherings. If anyone would like to set up a meeting at another time or place, please do so and I will be there.

Laurie
    It was a pleasure to meet you. I'm looking forward to seeing you as our next sheriff!
    Anything that we can do to assist you, please let us know.

Post imported post

Sorry you could not make it. Lets set one up for a Thursday. How does Thursday the 6th of August sound? I will let you pick the time and place,

Get back to me at 769-3232 and we can set it up.

Laurie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast