• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Laurie B. Bisch for Clark County Sheriff 2010 Info

Laurie Bisch

imported post

Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to the meet and greet today. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to more gatherings. If anyone would like to set up a meeting at another time or place, please do so and I will be there.

Laurie :D

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Laurie Bisch wrote:
Thank you to everyone who was able to make it to the meet and greet today. It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to more gatherings. If anyone would like to set up a meeting at another time or place, please do so and I will be there.

Laurie :D

It was a pleasure to meet you. I'm looking forward to seeing you as our next sheriff!
Anything that we can do to assist you, please let us know. :D

Laurie Bisch

imported post

Sorry you could not make it. Lets set one up for a Thursday. How does Thursday the 6th of August sound? I will let you pick the time and place,

Get back to me at 769-3232 and we can set it up.

Laurie :lol:

Merlin

imported post

One of the things that came out of our discussion was that apparently, Tim's recent incident did cause a memo to go out. Laurie said she would get a copy of this memo and post it.

Laurie, if you need any assistance with getting paper into a forums post, pm me, and I will take care of it. (I am thinking scan-to-PDF and post a link)

Vegassteve

imported post

Merlin wrote:
One of the things that came out of our discussion was that apparently, Tim's recent incident did cause a memo to go out. Laurie said she would get a copy of this memo and post it.

Laurie, if you need any assistance with getting paper into a forums post, pm me, and I will take care of it. (I am thinking scan-to-PDF and post a link)

WOW. I would love to see this memo get posted. Me thinks it will be like many others around the country that we have seen though. And not really one that is fully on our side.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Also very interested in seeing this memo. Laurie, can you post soon? If you don't feel comfortable, I don't mind doing a FOIA request with the public info office. Can you give me any background, such as the date on the memo, to make my request easier to fulfill?

Tim

maldog

imported post

Hi Laurie, Sorry I was unable to make the meet n greet. I was unable to get my regular sitter for my 5 y/o twin girls. my wife is a US Army Combat Police officer who is doing a 13 month tour in Badhdad, Iraq and will be home in October :D

It would be great to get a meet n greet around the far NW area. N Durango 95 area.

I look forward to meeting soon. anything we can do to assist our next Sheriff, just ask.

Dan

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Laurie-

I will need your help in getting a copy. I spoke with PIO and they sent me the two updated procedural orders that came out after my incident (June 24) related to firearms. One is about a machine that "fingerprints" bullets and guns and is very technical. The other, PO-140-09, relates to "Impounding and Releasing Firearms" but were unable to find any memos or other information related to firearms or citizen encounters.

PO #140 describes the procedures for impounding a gun, but nothing else and unrelated to the specific issue I was involved with.

Do you have any additional information?

Tim

Laurie Bisch

imported post

Hi Dan,

I can absolutely do a meet and greet in your part of town. What day of the week is good for you ?

Laurie

maldog

imported post

Hi Laurie,

I'll check around and see where a good place to meet & greet would be. I'm thinking maybe "Streets of NY Pizza" just off of Farm Rd and East of Durango.

I would like to get a good turnout of people. so if anybody has a preference of a weekday or weekend day please post.

Also, what day is best for you Laurie?

Dan

candrade

imported post

Are you going to Streets of New York? if so I may try to come in, just let me know what day and time

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I wanted to bump this thread.

Laurie is a very pro-gun candidate for Sheriff. She supports Open Carry and I've heard many good things about her, including a mention that she would do CLEO (chief law enforcement officer) signatures on BATFE forms to acquire Class 3 devices.

Here's her web site. It needs a little work, but I won't hold that against her. She has my vote.

http://bischforsheriff.com/

There have been those of you asking about how/where to make contributions for legal defense funds, etc. I'd suggest for those of you with a couple of bucks to spare contribute to her campaign and let's get rid of Gillespie once and for all.

Tim