• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Laurie B. Bisch for Clark County Sheriff 2010 Info

Pace

imported post

As promised, I met with Laurie today for dinner and found that she was everything that all members of our community described:

- Very pro-gun, she brought up the issues described on this message board, including the laws that violate the Nevada Constitution & the Law in general.

- She was open carrying in the restaurant, along with me...

- She pointed out that our current sheriff was rated "F" by the NRA, and is a supporter of creating more restrictions on Gun Ownership.

I will be looking to arrange an open carry day where people can meet her.

Best,
Pace

takemine2

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Pace wrote:
As promised, I met with Laurie today for dinner and found that she was everything that all members of our community described:

- Very pro-gun, she brought up the issues described on this message board, including the laws that violate the Nevada Constitution & the Law in general.

- She was open carrying in the restaurant, along with me...

- She pointed out that our current sheriff was rated "F" by the NRA, and is a supporter of creating more restrictions on Gun Ownership.

I will be looking to arrange an open carry day where people can meet her.

Best,
Pace Lattin

Thanks Pace! I was told by an officer that Laurie was running for sheriff again and was asked to support her. I think a "Meet and Greet" with her with all from this forum and others would be a great thing! Keep us informed...

Laurie Bisch

imported post

I would like to thank everyone for their support and am looking forward to a meet and greet.

Merlin

imported post

I bumped into Laurie at my favorite Pizza Place (Broadway Pizzeria on Rancho@Charleston) last election, and had a chance to talk to (pester) her for several minutes. I was truly impressed with her atypical attitude regarding matters near and dear to members of this forum.

I voted for her last time, and will do so again, if she runs.

varminter22

imported post

Way cool! Thanks.

I certainly wish her the best and hope she wins.

But winning won't be easy, I fear. It is usually difficult to unseat the incumbent.

Not much I can do from northern Nevada. But I hope you Clark County guys will spread the word far & wide!

HuckleBilly

imported post

I voted against Gillespie last time around. I will most definitely vote for Laurie Bisch in the next election. Count on it.

Please let me know when you have a meet & greet and I will try to be there.

Laurie Bisch

imported post

Hello All,

I will be hosting a meet and greet at Broadway Pizza (850 S. Rancho Dr.) on July 25th from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM. Please stop by and have a soda and a slice of Pizza. I look forward to meeting everyone.

:)

HuckleBilly

imported post

Laurie Bisch wrote:
Hello All,

I will be hosting a meet and greet at Broadway Pizza (850 S. Rancho Dr.) on July 25th from 11:30 AM until 1:30 PM. Please stop by and have a soda and a slice of Pizza. I look forward to meeting everyone.

:)
I have to work at that time. When you get a campaign office let me know and I will come by to get bumper stickers, flyers, pins, etc.

Pace

imported post

Laurie more than just pro-gun, she is an amazing trap shooter. While I was becoming a FAA risk to light planes, she hit all the clay pigeons each time...

Merlin

imported post

So glad I didn't miss this. Been a few weeks since I checked in, and I would have been kicking myself had I missed the meetup. I assume Anthony and Mario know we are coming, right? Lunchtime Saturday is traditionally busy for them, I hope they are expecting us..

G

imported post

I'm new here but I'm asking the same question I asked about our get together at BWW. Is Broadway Pizza gun friendly? If so will everyone be OCing?

Thanks

Laurie Bisch

imported post

Broadway Pizza is Gun friendly, and they are looking forward to seeing us there tomorrow. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Laurie :)

G

imported post

Great Laurie, see everyone there tomorrow and OCing this time.

Merlin

imported post

Yep, I have been carrying there for years.

On that note, it is worth mentioning that I do have a method for turning a place OC friendly (works best for local establishments, not chains).

I patronize them for awhile, until they get to know me. Say once a week for a couple of months. Then I start open carrying there. Since they have seen me so many times, they are not intimidated. Sometimes they ask me about it, which gives me a chance to explain it. Sometimes they don't. But even if they don't, it becomes a silent acceptance. It desensitizes them to it. Then I come with friend next time, all OC. Before you know it, people are having OC meetups there. :)

Right now, I am working on Jamms (breakfast) at Rainbow&Charleston. I have been going there for a couple of months. This place is so friendly, they recognize me from the parking lot, and have my coffee & soda on the table before I get there.

A few weeks ago, I started OC. No one has asked me anything about it, but they all definitely were aware. Next I will take a few of my employees with me for breakfast one day, all OC.

You might wonder why I don't just ask if they mind, and the answer is simple: They might say no go, out of fear of liability, or what have you. But if you treat it as a non-issue, they will tend to not want to rock the boat. And when they see that no one is freaked out, it _becomes_ a non-issue.

/hijack