• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Locations to Open Carry

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Welcome to OCDO.

If "War is not the answer." I always wonder about the question. War, conflict has been the final answer for as long as there have been men. I imagine that war is not an answer to sheeple and the blissful (ignorance being bliss).

The author of War Before Civilization: the Myth of the Peaceful Savage was a classmate.

AaronS

imported post

Gunny M wrote:
Hello all - While I'm brand new to the forum, certainly not new to the issue! Hailing in the substantially, "war is not the answer" suburb of WFB, I'm curious whether anyone on the north shore has information on carrying in this vicinity? I have no desire to cause the WFBPD to visit me and be the 1st to challenge issue in the Village (as I'm pretty certain I would be..). I believe in our rights, of course, but with kids, mortgage, disabled wife, unemployed, yada, yada...can't afford to be 1st test! (sigh).

Before being here, never had issues, as never had any challenges while in uniform or near base.
My philosophy? Semper Carry!

I've been OCing in Thiensville, with out any problem, so I would think WFB would be ok. WFB is one of the places I forgot to sent a letter to. I will get a letter out tonight asking to get 8.01.1 of the village code off the books.

UPDATE:

Well I read the 8.01.1 a bit better, and find that only paint ball, and spring guns are "not to be carried". So firearms are ok. As long as you stay out of school zones (lots of schools in Bay) and the rest of the rules, you should be fine. If I have any extra time I will try to hit a shop or two on Silver Spring this weekend. I will let you know if I have any problems.

Now I do not mean to sound like an a$$, but you do understand that if fear of the police is the reason you wont carry, then you already lost your gun rights. You gave them up.

Now read over all the rules, and walk as a free American. It sounds like (with your service) you earned it. Dont let the people you protected take it away.

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

whether anyone on the north shore has information on carrying in this vicinity?

What kind of information? With the states pre-emption law and the AG memo, you don't need to know about 'vicinity by vicinity' differences. School zone, alcohol consumption, vehicle carry restriction, government building prohibition. Remember those and thats all you need to know
I believe in our rights, of course, but with kids, mortgage, disabled wife, unemployed, yada, yada...can't afford to be 1st test!

With the exception of Jesus, I don't think anyone can afford to be the 1st test case. Forget money, I couldn't afford the TIME of getting arrested. BUT with everything that has happend, AG memo etc, I think we've come to the point where you MUST have faith in the laws. If you don't, you're always going to be a victim of your own fear.

If you are going to wait to carry until you see others walking down the street doing so, you are really putting a self-imposed limitation on your rights.

I don't make those comments in anyway condescending, I recognize you are new to the forum, so I would suggest reading the various county by county "carry experiences" threads. That might give you more confidence to carry in your neighborhood when you see that there are literally thousands of carry experiences across the state. No issues.