Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Post imported post

What would you do if you used your gun in self-defense, and after you shot that person, an angry mob started toward you before the police arrived? If you left the scene would you be charged with leaving the scene of a crime?

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    What would you do if you used your gun in self-defense, and after you shot that person, an angry mob started toward you before the police arrived? If you left the scene would you be charged with leaving the scene of a crime?
    I would run like hell.

Anytime you see something like this:

it's time to depart the scene.

Use your cell phone to call it in ASAP.

Post imported post

I'm reminded of what the army drill instructors told my dad in preparation for WWII:

Q - "what do you do if you're unarmed and someone attacks you with a knife?"

A - "run away - that sumbitch will kill you"

He wasn't in any elite black ops unit and the advice served him well. Likewise if you are armed but outnumbered: there's no shame in not being lynched.

-ljp

Post imported post

The Forest Gump method is often the best solution.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

I would stun them with oldskool electro-style Electric Boogaloo breakdancing movies, maybe to Newcleus's Jam on Revenge, always a crowd pleaser. I can do a moonwalk that can devastate even the most unruly crowd.

Centurion

Post imported post

crisisweasel wrote:
    I would stun them with oldskool electro-style Electric Boogaloo breakdancing movies, maybe to Newcleus's Jam on Revenge, always a crowd pleaser. I can do a moonwalk that can devastate even the most unruly crowd.
    Why am I thinking of a man wielding a large curved sword in an INDIANA JONES movie who discovered that it is not wise to bring a knife to a gun fight?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Whaaa?

With another 2-3000 rounds of ammo in pre-loaded magazines, you're good to go. Hell, it works on TV and in the movies.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

You don't even need a mob after you to flee the scene as long as you call it in your not going to get busted for fleeing to a safe location. This is kind of a pointless topic because mobs come afterward depending on your skin color and the skin color of the offender.

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    you shoot and kill the closest two individuals in front of you. you have reasonable fear of your life at that point. If that doesn't stop the rest of the mob, you shoot and kill the next two. and so on, and so on.

some wiseassed individual is going to speak up and say 'he can't kill us all', to which you reply 'who wants to die first'.

Post imported post

DKSuddeth wrote:
    sureshot wrote:
    you shoot and kill the closest two individuals in front of you. you have reasonable fear of your life at that point. If that doesn't stop the rest of the mob, you shoot and kill the next two. and so on, and so on.

some wiseassed individual is going to speak up and say 'he can't kill us all', to which you reply 'who wants to die first'.
    That doesn't sound like a good tactic. Are you serious?

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    DKSuddeth wrote:
    sureshot wrote:

That doesn't sound like a good tactic. Are you serious?
    If they've got bats, knives, chains and such... hell yes... if they're unarmed... all you'd need to say is... "I've got 9 shots left, and this is an automatic... so which 9 of you would like to sacrifice yourselves for the rest?" and keep my weapon drawn until they move towards me or move far enough away they no longer pose a threat.

Threat assessment is important, you don't want to just start shooting at a crowd that is gathering, but if they're brandishing weapons and talking about harming you... it's time to take action before they do. This does not mean start shooting, but it does mean make sure they know the first one that comes even a foot closer to you gets it. The average man in so so shape can cover 20 feet in less than five seconds... leaves you very little time to react.

Over all... it would really be a judgement call. If you could in any way escape without having to kill anyone else... that would be the best bet.. but the first moment they attack... they become viable targets.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    sureshot wrote:
    I would run like hell.

When you see something like this...it's time to get the AA-12 out of the trunk.

Seriously though, there's no way a charge of leaving the scene of the crime would stick when you're trying to preserve your own safety and not be forced to shoot all of your ammo into a crowd. Departing and contacting a police officer to report the incident is the way to go.

Post imported post

yea i'd say it's time to call in the cavalry

Post imported post

I doubt you'd be charged with leaving the scene. And even if you were you would certainly have a valid defense by claiming self-preservation.

In my opinion the best thing to do is beat a hasty retreat and phone the law dogs once you've reached reasonable safety. Unless of course it's at my home. Then it's time to use whatever long rifle I have to dispatch as many as possible until they leave or I'm incapacitated.

Post imported post

oh yea, if it's in my house... it's a completely different story. i'm pretty quick with my 30-30....

Post imported post

Personally I would scram pronto if I could, however; being attacked by mob is no-joke-"fear of life" circumstance, so if cornered or otherwise unable to avoid confrontation I would then assume a combat stnce and loudly ask who wanted to die first. If that did not end the threat I would then back up my question and ask who wanted to be next.

Curious thing is that when armed I am even more inclined to avoid trouble than when unarmed. One good way to tell if I am armed or not is to walk up to me and tell me that Obama is the best president we ever had. If I smile and say "Man. do YOU ever have it on the ball!" you can bet I have Old Betsy on me somewhere.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    I would run like hell.

HEY, HEY, HEY! For once HankT and I agree! And I might add "don't look back, they might be gaining."

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

sureshot wrote:
    What would you do if you used your gun in self-defense, and after you shot that person, an angry mob started toward you before the police arrived?
    This is what ring mounts are made for.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Actually, its not a bad question.

I'm thinking it might be smart to at least stand your ground for a bit with some bluff. If you win, you get to preserve the evidence at the scene.

If you leave, the hostile group has a real good opportunity to mess with the evidence in order to make you look like a murderer. Somebody just might pick up that "good boy's" gun or knife.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Whaaa?

With another 2-3000 rounds of ammo in pre-loaded magazines, you're good to go. Hell, it works on TV and in the movies.
    Or not even having to reload at all!!!

Post imported post

[flash=480,320]http://www.youtube.com/v/BDQBTScjgSQ&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    WELL, now we know why there's an ammo shortage.

Post imported post

When I first moved to Ohio in the summer of 1986, there was an incident which hardened my opinions regarding the lie of police "protection" and the need to be able to defend yourself.

A Black lady and her kids moved into a previously all White neighborhood, in Parma, I think. Right from the start, she was harassed by a few of her neighbors. There was a steadily escalating pattern of threats, vandalism and eventually arson.

Finally, on the 4th of July, a drunken mob surrounded her home and began pelting it with rocks, bottles and fireworks, trapping her and her children inside.

The woman repeatedly called the police, to no apparent effect. The mob continued to surround her house, bombarding it without any interference.

Finally, in desperation, the woman called a friend on the east side of Cleveland. The friend tossed his 12ga. pump into the trunk and headed west.

Arriving in the neighborhood, he saw the mob still surrounding the house, still throwing rocks, bottles and fireworks. Parking up the street, the friend retrieved his shotgun from the trunk and started up the street toward the house.

Upon reaching the rear of the mob, he shouldered his firearm and gave the hooligans a "whiff of grape" a la Bonaparte. The crowd suddenly remembered pressing business elsewhere and dispersed, leaving three wounded. At THAT point, police responded and arrested the DEFENDER.

They were set to throw the book at the friend... until his attorney subpoenaed the 911 tapes... which contained the cops laughing and joking about the race riot as they drove by without interfering in any way. Charges dismissed.

Lessons Learned:

1. Mobs are out for a good time. Getting shot isn't a good time. They'll usually find some place else to be rather than get shot.

2. Police have no legal duty to protect individuals. They can watch you get dismembered in front of them and you or your survivors have no recourse against them.

3. Defend yourself (or have somebody else willing and able to do it for you) or don't get defended AT ALL.

There used to be an account of these events on the Cleveland Plain Dealer website... when they had their own website. These days, they barely have a paper publication. I don't know if it's on the cleveland.com website or not. The last time I checked, I don't think it was.
    --- Gun control: The theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists.

Post imported post

Run like hell while yelling "SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!"

Post imported post

You just be sure you are carrying your belt fed handgun and use your extreme skillz to get good head shots! Either that, orpack Chuck Norris.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast