• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tigard, or. gun laws

spikeypuck

imported post

i realize this has nothing to do with cc or oc, but i just need to rant.

i learned something new. in tigard if a gun store buys a well at least handgun from someone. they have to put a 15 day hold on it. of course the store still puts it on the shelf up for sale. and by the time your all stoked and digging out your wallet they spring on you that you have to wait. grrr.. now i could have chose to pick something else, or pay $90 more for the same thing & take it home with me, but then i wouldnt have anything to bitch about today.

woo hoo next saturday i get more food for my safe :?

oh, and thanx for reading my rant

Jeffytune

imported post

spikeypuck wrote:
i realize this has nothing to do with cc or oc, but i just need to rant.

i learned something new. in tigard if a gun store buys a well at least handgun from someone. they have to put a 15 day hold on it. of course the store still puts it on the shelf up for sale. and by the time your all stoked and digging out your wallet they spring on you that you have to wait. grrr.. now i could have chose to pick something else, or pay $90 more for the same thing & take it home with me, but then i wouldnt have anything to bitch about today.

woo hoo next saturday i get more food for my safe :?

oh, and thanx for reading my rant
I Have this feeling I will regret answering this one........but here goes.
As I understand it Portland and Beaverton as well as many other city's have a 30 day hold on any used item.
This police hold gives the police time to run the serial number of said Item to make sure it has not been reported stolen.

Guitars, amps, cameras, radios and firearms all fall under this.
It used to be 15 days, but many Police departments asked for the longer time to proses the information and to give more time to crime victims to report the item stolen.
It more like in Portland if you have a break in they will not come out for that unless the robber is there, they will tell you to call it into your Insurance company.
So it has to go to them first and then to the cops.

As I also understand it, they are not to display the item for sale until the police hold is over.

At least that is my understanding of it, on the one hand it sucks when you are the one wanting to buy, but if it were your stolen pistol, I am sure you would have a very different point of view.