• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Number of Pistol Permits issued by Town

modelo57

imported post

Thank you for the list. Be aware that many towns in the state have "villages" that have separate zips. With that in mind 627 permits were issued in the 3 Windhams and the city of Willimantic. I'm not sure of the total current population, but 627 permit holders seems awful small.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The number of Connecticut PistolPermits currenty issued rose during the period from March 23 to June 11, 2009. They haveincreased from 132,000+ to 146,000+.

Ican only imagine what the politicians must be thinking!

And the numbers supplied in this list do NOT reflect LOCAL TEMPORARY 60 day permits.

ESCH

imported post

This list is a list of all of the active permits issued by the state of CT? Where is this info from and how and when can updated info be obtained?

Edward Peruta

imported post

The list was obtained by Jumpmaster after aFreedom of Information request was made for the numbers broken down by town.

Anyone can make a written request for this type of information on a regular basis.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Stratford is right up there even though they impede the process at every step with needless delaying strategies.

If anything I am heartened by the sheer numbers of folks waking up to the fact that they alone are responsible for their own safety and are doing something about it.

I'm one notary stamp away from being ready to get my "certificate of eligibility" and will report the experience with that process. I have a couple of buddies in the neighborhood that I'm nudging towards getting their permits. If the C-O-E route proves as easy as it ought to be I will guide them in that direction to bypass the excessive waits suffered at the hands of Stratford PD.

atrule

imported post

140,000+ an increase of 16,000 over a period of 2 months is good news (that is if these figures are close to correct). I have made it a goal of mine to get several friends to obtain their pistol permits this year. I figure it is an uber vote: any old schlop and pull a lever in the voting booth to vote for one fool or the other, but it takes and shows dedication to obtain a pistol permit.

I was looking around earlier this year for instructors, then got sidetracted (our preacher just passed away a couple weeks ago from brain cancer, and the rest of the men in the congregation have taken up the slack since then).

Is there a good list of people kicking around here? I think I am goign to ask Ed. But, I want to ask for different regions of the state as well for convieniance for my friends all over. I went to Joel Demers http://nraclass.com/NRAclass.com/Home.html but he is in Westbrook to East Lyme, still a haul for me.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Ed is an approved instructor per the CT DPS. He's developed his own class which combines any existing experience you may have of firearms with his own topics covering safety, legality, responsibility and I'm sure other areas.

He can tell you more himself but if you look on this page (CT) there's a brief outline of it to give you a better idea.

Also we have an instructor in our midst in the ranks of the CCDL (other than Ed) so depending on where you live and where you'd travel to the other folk on the list might be able to recommend local classes.

atrule

imported post

Maybe it would be good for CCDL to compile a list of instructors, and the locals in which they teach.

Some other things I have looked for is how much they charge and what do you get for it? There are probably other information too, like what range to go to, and perhaps how does that relate to clubs etc.

The most expencive I have seen is Blue Train Range in Wallingford for $180.00. The cheepest I heard about is $75.00 somewhere near East Hartford. But, I haven't confrirmed that. Caveat Emptor.

Location is important. For example: I have some people in Norwalk and Shelton. It is a little far for them to go to Westbrook to do the class, and then go up the coast more to East Lyme to the range. But, that is the one whom I have the most experiance with.

modelo57

imported post

Center Sports in Columbia has classes most Sundays. I'll call Eric in the morning and get his hours, prices and class sizes.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

atrule wrote:
Maybe it would be good for CCDL to compile a list of instructors, and the locals in which they teach.

Some other things I have looked for is how much they charge and what do you get for it? There are probably other information too, like what range to go to, and perhaps how does that relate to clubs etc.

The most expencive I have seen is Blue Train Range in Wallingford for $180.00. The cheepest I heard about is $75.00 somewhere near East Hartford. But, I haven't confrirmed that. Caveat Emptor.

Location is important. For example: I have some people in Norwalk and Shelton. It is a little far for them to go to Westbrook to do the class, and then go up the coast more to East Lyme to the range. But, that is the one whom I have the most experiance with.

For the folks in Shelton, I would send them to Fairfield County Shooting Range in Monroe on Rte 25. My wife took her class there last year. I think it was either $100 or $120...cant remember. She had a class size of 4 on a Sunday morning. About 3 hours.

GoldCoaster

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
You first have to get a temporary permit from your locality before the state will issue you a permit? Why? Couldn't one just go for the state permit?
That's the way things are here at the moment. Ed has found a possible way to expedite this as the doling out of the local permits are what takes the most time.

There are no provisions to just go for the state permit, if there were, that's what everyone would do rather than being screwed around by the whims of the local PD.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
You first have to get a temporary permit from your locality before the state will issue you a permit? Why? Couldn't one just go for the state permit?

The City or Town does all the background checks. The State just takes money and your picture and then issues you a new State permit.