Thread: OT - My name is Nicademus an I am an illegal arms dealer

Post imported post

I am the mod on Seattleguns.org and saw this posted. It looks like OC members are not the only ones with LEO issues.

You can see the whole thread here:
    http://seattleguns.org/viewtopic.php...f563fb1#p23389

I met another member of this forum in a parking lot in Lake Forest Park to sell or trade him a complete Lower AR receiver. He brought two handguns to possibly trade and I had an upper and my Jericho in my Larue Tactical Covert case. Anyways the cops swarmed us after a concerned citizen tipped them off about our terrorist activities. I mean the two of us were both white men with guns, which fits the new profile for terrorists to a T, well except that we aren't members of the US military. If we were then we'd be the perfect profile of a terrorist and what our country has to fear. The one cop was on a motorcycle and never took his helmet off, which allowed him to not hear anything and get angrier and angrier. He also yelled "Get your hands out of your pocketS!!!".....then a second later "LET ME SEE YOUR ID'S RIGHT NOW!!!" ....ok sooo then I put my hand back in my pocket to get it "AHAHHAHAHH I said take your hands out of your pockets!!! Move away from the weapons!!! yelll yell yell screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaam!!" More cops show up and surround us. We are smiling and think its ridiculous. They ask if we have licenses to sell guns. They tell us we are illegally soliciting weapons without a license. They ask if our guns are registered. They ask who's guns they are. They kept asking if we were selling them and that it was apparently not allowed. They told use that we weren't allowed to speak back and give our opinions. Everything they say is fact apparently; even thought they didn't have the slightest knowledge of our laws, which was really sad and scary. Eventually they settled on my the whole thing a show of power and trying to scare us. They ended by telling us basically "Don't mess with us cause we are always right and until you've done our job you can't talk". I'm serious that was the jist of it. I think they were itching to confiscate our guns.

Post imported post

I'm not surprised this happened in LFP. It seems that when the LFPD isn't saving the world from the likes of those who drive 5mph over the speed limit they seem a little lost.

I've often wondered how much it would help if they would cycle their officers with the Seattle PD that patrols White Center and Rainier Beach. I believe it would significantly change their perceptions of what it actually means to be a police officer.
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Just the idea of a bunch of idiot police yelling and screaming "I AM THE LAW" sends shivers down my spine.

Luckily, not all police are like that, but it does seem to be a trend in some areas.

Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

Was his name by chance Judge Dred??

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Oh man... you know him???
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

Post imported post

m1gunner

"- Firearms Instant Serial Number Check System #360-534-2000 WA state.."

Is this available to anybody and is there a fee.
    WTT: Glock 27 for Glock 26

Post imported post

I keep seeing this more and more every day with cops just looking for trouble. My friend and I were at a local park slack lining and a cop pulls up threatens to arrest us for damaging trees (which didn't happen). I don't like how some police are viewing themselves as the law instead of enforcers of the law.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    I keep seeing this more and more every day with cops just looking for trouble. My friend and I were at a local park slack lining and a cop pulls up threatens to arrest us for damaging trees (which didn't happen). I don't like how some police are viewing themselves as the law instead of enforcers of the law.
    Yeah. Comes as a shock.

I think you will discover its a lot more frequent than you would be comfortable with.

We have a couple reams of police encounters reported here duringwhich police acted outside their authority. You pretty much know those cops did not say to themselves, "Well, there is an OCer. For the first time in my career I am going to violate someone's 4th Amendment rights." I'm betting they had been doing it to one degree or another all along.

They just bounce of us because we know they are out of line, whereas lots of people don't.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Coming from Alaska it was a real shock because I never had problems with cops that far north they seemed liked the people to call if something was wrong.

Post imported post

badger54 wrote:
    m1gunner

"- Firearms Instant Serial Number Check System #360-534-2000 WA state.."

Is this available to anybody and is there a fee.
    I've never had to use it but I expect an answer on Tuesday from the folks who run it.

Post imported post

double tap

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    You need to remember that you are dealing with Pullman PD, they get very bored in the summer without having the Greeks to harass. They recently had to fire a cop because he was harassing a friend of mine. He was fired and had his POST certification revoked, this only came after they were sued because of it. Another part of the deal to keep from getting sued was to hire an independent investigator to look into charges of corruption within the department. I think we can guess what was found. I have met two out of the entire force who are not constantly on a power-trip. WSUPD is even worse, and like to try to exercise their power well outside of their jurisdiction, say for example the Airport. That story is for a later date.

Post imported post

Believe me I understand I just hate that it has to be that way.