• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - My name is Nicademus an I am an illegal arms dealer

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

I am the mod on Seattleguns.org and saw this posted. It looks like OC members are not the only ones with LEO issues.

You can see the whole thread here:
http://seattleguns.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5169&p=23389&sid=48149fd40aeb115a5cb5b1165f563fb1#p23389

I met another member of this forum in a parking lot in Lake Forest Park to sell or trade him a complete Lower AR receiver. He brought two handguns to possibly trade and I had an upper and my Jericho in my Larue Tactical Covert case. Anyways the cops swarmed us after a concerned citizen tipped them off about our terrorist activities. I mean the two of us were both white men with guns, which fits the new profile for terrorists to a T, well except that we aren't members of the US military. If we were then we'd be the perfect profile of a terrorist and what our country has to fear. The one cop was on a motorcycle and never took his helmet off, which allowed him to not hear anything and get angrier and angrier. He also yelled "Get your hands out of your pocketS!!!".....then a second later "LET ME SEE YOUR ID'S RIGHT NOW!!!" ....ok sooo then I put my hand back in my pocket to get it "AHAHHAHAHH I said take your hands out of your pockets!!! Move away from the weapons!!! yelll yell yell screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaam!!" More cops show up and surround us. We are smiling and think its ridiculous. They ask if we have licenses to sell guns. They tell us we are illegally soliciting weapons without a license. They ask if our guns are registered. They ask who's guns they are. They kept asking if we were selling them and that it was apparently not allowed. They told use that we weren't allowed to speak back and give our opinions. Everything they say is fact apparently; even thought they didn't have the slightest knowledge of our laws, which was really sad and scary. Eventually they settled on my the whole thing a show of power and trying to scare us. They ended by telling us basically "Don't mess with us cause we are always right and until you've done our job you can't talk". I'm serious that was the jist of it. I think they were itching to confiscate our guns.

GreatWhiteLlama

imported post

I'm not surprised this happened in LFP. It seems that when the LFPD isn't saving the world from the likes of those who drive 5mph over the speed limit they seem a little lost.

I've often wondered how much it would help if they would cycle their officers with the Seattle PD that patrols White Center and Rainier Beach. I believe it would significantly change their perceptions of what it actually means to be a police officer.

FunkTrooper

imported post

I keep seeing this more and more every day with cops just looking for trouble. My friend and I were at a local park slack lining and a cop pulls up threatens to arrest us for damaging trees (which didn't happen). I don't like how some police are viewing themselves as the law instead of enforcers of the law.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
I keep seeing this more and more every day with cops just looking for trouble. My friend and I were at a local park slack lining and a cop pulls up threatens to arrest us for damaging trees (which didn't happen). I don't like how some police are viewing themselves as the law instead of enforcers of the law.
Yeah. Comes as a shock.

I think you will discover its a lot more frequent than you would be comfortable with.

We have a couple reams of police encounters reported here duringwhich police acted outside their authority. You pretty much know those cops did not say to themselves, "Well, there is an OCer. For the first time in my career I am going to violate someone's 4th Amendment rights." I'm betting they had been doing it to one degree or another all along.

They just bounce of us because we know they are out of line, whereas lots of people don't.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

badger54 wrote:
m1gunner

"- Firearms Instant Serial Number Check System #360-534-2000 WA state.."

Is this available to anybody and is there a fee.

I've never had to use it but I expect an answer on Tuesday from the folks who run it.

Vandal

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:

You need to remember that you are dealing with Pullman PD, they get very bored in the summer without having the Greeks to harass. They recently had to fire a cop because he was harassing a friend of mine. He was fired and had his POST certification revoked, this only came after they were sued because of it. Another part of the deal to keep from getting sued was to hire an independent investigator to look into charges of corruption within the department. I think we can guess what was found. I have met two out of the entire force who are not constantly on a power-trip. WSUPD is even worse, and like to try to exercise their power well outside of their jurisdiction, say for example the Airport. That story is for a later date.