• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

detained while open-carrying an AK + SVT-40 on my motorcycle

codename_47

imported post

I guess my point is that we should be working through effective, low cost, non-belligerent options first.

Uhh Why? low cost, non-belligerent options are defacto not effective. Furthermore, you don't respond to aggressive behavior with non-aggression. That only encourages them. Put THEIR money at risk. Start taking THEIR time. Start demanding answers and accountability from them, and see what happens.

Think about it, if a cop knew that he faced a civil lawsuit for stepping out of line, they would rarely do it. Screw formal complaints drag his butt into court.

You can always fire the courtroom salvo after diplomacy fails.

But a courtroom salvo IS diplomacy. There is lots of talking, reasoning, rationalizing, offers, counter offers, etc...It is all fun and games until someone gets sued.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Sorry i'm so late chiming in here... I haven't stopped by in a while...

On I-10 heading Eastbound into Houston (some miles west of Katy) there is a billboard with a civil rights attorney stating that he is willing to go after City/State/whatever/Whoever for civil rights violations. I do not remember his name, and havent passed that way in a some time, but I am sure that it is still there.

Also, the act of 'suing' does not necessarily constitute the exchange of money. You 'sue' for 'restitution'. That restitution can be in any form you so choose, I would put an amount of money in to cover your court costs, but the true restitution can come in the form of new training, suspension of pay for violations, whatever you feel necessary!

Take it to court! And good luck!

P.S. IANAL

FreeinTX

imported post

Okay, the answer is very simple.

First, screw diplomacy. The stop was not just wrong,it was ILLEGAL.We don't pay cops to get together and hang out on the side of the roadwhile they harass some LAW ABIDING CITIZEN, who legally stapped an AK tohis backand got on a bike. That's NOT their job!!!Every minute you suffered because they forced you to stand there for nothing, we spent paying these creatons to make you stand there for nothing, and that ain't cool.

That being said, the first step is to file a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT against every single officer that showed up either to violate, or to watch others violate, yourGOD GIVEN HUMAN RIGHTS, yet did nothing to stop thatrights violation. Then, file a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT against thier supervisor for not providing adequate supervision over his criminal horde and allowing them to violate yourrights. If ANYONE, even a judge, gets in your way when you file your complaints, file CRIMINAL COMPLAINTS on them.

Need to know how? Need to know the steps? Need to know which laws, EXACTLY, that they violated by violating your CIVIL RIGHTS? Listen to RULE OF LAW RADIO (use your search engine) Listen to their archives, or call into the show. They are out of Austin, so they know Texas law best. And Randy Kelton can help you learn the process for going after these scumbags yourself WITHOUT an attorney. 'Cause your right. Ain't no way in heck an attorney is gonna p-ss -ff some judge by going after one of his boys. That judge will ruinthat attorneyslaw career. A worry you don't have to deal with if your not an attorney.

I'm not kidding. You can go after those CRIMINALS, and they are criminals for what they have done. They broke SEVERAL laws by illegally detaining you, and you, not an attorney can go after them for it. You can FORCE judges to take action against these RIGHTS violators if you just understand how the legal system works, and the processes involved with filing a criminal complaint with a magistrate. Randy Kelton and Debrah Stevens, Rule of Law Radio, get 'em and get 'em good. When your done with them, if they are still employed, they will NEVER do that again. And you didn't cost the tax-payers anything, other than the court costs, but you can blame that on the officer that forced you to take actions against him for being such a criminal.

Then, if you so choose, you can use the results from your criminal actionsas the basis for civil actions against the cops, personally (which saves tax-payers from having to pay), the boss, personally, the department, and the city. If you so choose. And you don't need a stinking attorney for that either.