Thread: Stopped today open carrying in Lees Summit Wallmart

Post imported post

My wife and I were doing some shopping today at Less Summit Wallmart,we had about finished,we were there about1 hour,and 3 individuals walked up and informed me that I couldnt do THAT.I asked what THAT was,and was told by Brandon,the new person in charge of security I was told,that I couldnt carry a gun like that in Wallmart,I asked and whys that,he told me that only officers of the law could carry open,one of his helpers with him chimed in and said that you had to be concealed to carry.I informed them that they were mistaken,asked if Wallmart had a no firearm sign posted,he said he believed they did,I said let go take a look....No firearm sign posted.I them informed the 3 that it wasnt against missouri law to open carry,you dont have to be a officer to open carry,and Lees Summit has no ordinance againstopen carry,and it was my right to open carry and I was not in violation of any state or city laws.I told them it was the stores right to put up a no firearm sign if thats what they wanted to do,but had no sign posted.I told him i would put my weapon in my cargo pocket in my jeans,and continue shopping he said that would be good enough.He appologized about no knowing the applicable laws concearning carrying a weapon,I told him no big deal,but know what your trying to enforce before you need to.He told me he would find out what exactly the laws were concearning open carrying,and call me and tell me what he found out.I got home called the coorporate office ,made a report,and was told i could expect a phone call within 3 days about the matter.I will inform you of the results....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

So you were conducting your-self in a lawful manner then agreed to commit a crime and conceal your weapon??????
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

Post imported post

Didn't someone on here somewhere post a link to Walmarts policy of adhering to local ordinances and state laws??

Post imported post

Well,I have called their coorporate office,Emaild them......and havent been sent any replys to my questions...I was assured I would be getting a reply within 3 days.........
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Post imported post

Maybe a call backfrom your Attorney notifying them that the worlds largest reatiler is about to be sued.. for harrassment,embarassment and a lone employee denying you your constitutional rights while under the employ of Walmart inside their facility..

Post imported post

Just got off the phone with the head of security at the Lees Summit Wallmart.He told me he did some checking,with coorporate,and with the local codes......and told me I was exactly correct :celebrate.He told me that now that he knows the correct info on open carrying,he is going to inform all the other managers about it.He told me that he hoped I would continue to shop at Wallmart,and could open carry there anytime.

Post imported post

Thats funny

I they have taken OC rather well here since I moved here compared to other places I go, I expected the opposite IM changing over from a G19 to a Sig P226 so will see if I get a different out come.

Hope to see you around

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    Maybe a call backfrom your Attorney notifying them that the worlds largest reatiler is about to be sued.. for harrassment,embarassment and a lone employee denying you your constitutional rights while under the employ of Walmart inside their facility..
    Do you have any idea how often Walmart gets sued?

I don't know exactly how often, but it's often enough that one more lawsuit for any reason won't even cause them to blink.

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/8867.aspx

Post imported post

No Doubt.

Post imported post

No Doubt. Their not supposed to blink, just own up to their mistakes, and relieving someone of their guaranteed rights as an American is serious enough to warrant legal attention.

Post imported post

Thos.Jefferson wrote:
    So you were conducting your-self in a lawful manner then agreed to commit a crime and conceal your weapon??????
    What makes you think that it would be illegal for the OP to conceal?

Post imported post

I think he may be tying to say,open carry is legal,but in order to carry concealed you need a permit.So,if I indeed didnt have a CCW,I would be breaking the law by concealing my open carried weapon.

Banned

Post imported post

Richieg150 wrote:
    My wife and I were doing some shopping today at Less Summit Wallmart,we had about finished,we were there about1 hour,and 3 individuals walked up and informed me that I couldnt do THAT.I asked what THAT was,and was told by Brandon,the new person in charge of security I was told,that I couldnt carry a gun like that in Wallmart,I asked and whys that,he told me that only officers of the law could carry open,one of his helpers with him chimed in and said that you had to be concealed to carry.I informed them that they were mistaken,asked if Wallmart had a no firearm sign posted,he said he believed they did,I said let go take a look....No firearm sign posted.I them informed the 3 that it wasnt against missouri law to open carry,you dont have to be a officer to open carry,and Lees Summit has no ordinance againstopen carry,and it was my right to open carry and I was not in violation of any state or city laws.I told them it was the stores right to put up a no firearm sign if thats what they wanted to do,but had no sign posted.I told him i would put my weapon in my cargo pocket in my jeans,and continue shopping he said that would be good enough.He appologized about no knowing the applicable laws concearning carrying a weapon,I told him no big deal,but know what your trying to enforce before you need to.He told me he would find out what exactly the laws were concearning open carrying,and call me and tell me what he found out.I got home called the coorporate office ,made a report,and was told i could expect a phone call within 3 days about the matter.I will inform you of the results....
    Leave your cart right in the middle of the aisle, and walk out.

Wal-Mart sucks. Why are there so many Wal-Mart stories?

Post imported post

Carnivore wrote:
    "Maybe a call back from your Attorney notifying them that the worlds largest reatiler is about to be sued.. for harrassment,embarassment and a lone employee denying you your constitutional rights while under the employ of Walmart inside their facility.."

"No Doubt. Their not supposed to blink, just own up to their mistakes, and relieving someone of their guaranteed rights as an American is serious enough to warrant legal attention.
    To Carnivore...and anyone else who labors under this misconception...(you are not alone, so I am not picking on you only)...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...learn your American History, and read a copy of the Constitution of the United States for yourself, if you have not already done so!! If you have read it, even recently, go back and read it again, keeping in the back of your mind the events of our history leading up to the American Revolution and the creation of our current form of government.

I understand that many schools don't even teach much Am. Hist. anymore, if they teach it at all. I know for a fact, because I work with them, that there are many young people, and even some older folks, who have never read the Constitution for themselves and have no idea what it says...they couldn't even quote the Preamble, much less do they know what a preamble is.

I also recognize that you may uninformed or misinformed, because you have had false information hammered into your head via the media and the liberal establishment for so long it starts to take on a life of its own after a while.

But if you are going to be an advocate for RKBA, OC, CC and all of your other Constitutional rights, it is absolutely necessary that you understand what you are talking about before you speak!

The Constitution of the United States of America is a document which protects our God given rights against encroachment by the GOVERNMENT!! It does NOT protect our rights from being violated by each other, by corporations, by private companies, or by ANY ENTITY that is not an arm of federal, state, local or any other form of GOVERNMENT!!

Furthermore the Constitution DOES NOT "grant" you your rights! The Constitution PROTECTS what the founders believed were already the inherent rights of all people!

In the Declaration of Independence, in paragraphs one and two, the founders said the following:

"When in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the Separation.

We hold these Truths to be self evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...".

They believed that your rights are inherent and granted by God (or your creator, whoever you believe that to be), and the Constitution was written to INSURE that the GOVERNMENT, not private parties, could not and would not infringe upon those rights. You and I are NOT protected from each other or from private businesses/companies by the Constitution, and neither we, nor any private company, can infringe on each others Constitutional rights.

We (individuals and businesses alike) CAN choose to support or not support those rights through our actions, such as Walmart allowing open carry or not allowing open carry, but a private citizen or employee CANNOT deny you your Constitutional rights, because the Constitution doesn't protect you from private citizens. Various other federal and state laws, codes and regulations do that, but NOT the Constitution.

Please people...get this right, once and for all!! The media and the liberal establishment have corrupted and twisted the meaning of the Constitution for so long that now many people think it really does protect citizens from one another.

IT DOES NOT!!

Walmart, or any other private business, can make whatever policies they want regarding your right to open carry and you have NO Constitutional basis to protest. You can protest their policies, but they are within their legal right to deny any activity they want to, except those forbidden by law (such as racist hiring or business practices for example).

Dave R

Post imported post

Walmart is private property and they have every right to dictate a customer's behavior while on store property else they can leave. Same as if you were in my home, the Constitution stops at the curb. If Walmart policy or actions offend, don't do business with them. The Government is not here to hold one's hand while they shop for cheap Chinese crap.

Post imported post

Walmart has been pretty cool about OC, even out here in California. They got fussy with us in a mall one time and called the cops but when talking with the regional director we found out that Walmart has no policy against firearms except what is prescribed by law.

If you can carry, then do it!

CARRY ON!

-N8

Post imported post

SECOND AMENDMENT MARCH on Washington (April 19, 2010) picking up steam, you can help or coordinate within your state, learn more: http://www.secondamendmentmarch.com.

This sounds interesting.

Post imported post

I just got booted from the same Wal-Mart

the ASS Manager said they talked to there legal Dept and said they can ask anyone carrying to leave,

so I left, that wal-mart sucks anyways bad CS

Im still going to contact Corp and ask WTF

Post imported post

So, guys.. We OC at the Walmart on State line, never had any trouble, one cop stopped us and said are you looking for someone specific? And we said no, just making sure we were safe. He said "Good idea to oc, then you may not have to use it". Great experience. The next day, one of Wallyworld's finest told us "you can't do that here" I said what? She said "the boys gonna get you" ?? Ooookkkkkk.. I'll spare a million sentences about our exchange, but ya, she is/was/always will be ignorant, and yes, we did follow her out so she could show us the no firearm sign, which, btw, does not exist, and so, we carried openly all the way back to the ammo section, bought our ammo, and left.

Now.. Walgreens on Bannister and Blue ridge... So, I walk in, all 135 pounds of me, my P22 in my fobus on my hip, go to the pharmacy to get my Dad's meds, wait a minute, and this little guy comes stomping up to me with a little tag that said "assistant manager Kevin" .. Ok.

He lets loose "you better be a cop!" I said huh? he repeats himself, just as ignorant as the first time, and points to my gun. I saw him crap his drawers when I initially walked in the store, so I had it all planned out.. "What are you talking about?" him: "I was a cop in Grandview for 8 YEARS and you can't just go around like that- IT'S A FELONY!" me- Oh, it is? him: "YES it is! you can't come in here like that!" me: ok, so you were a cop where for how long? him: 8 YEARS and I KNOW THE LAW! me: well, you might want to go call the cops then, make sure you tell them I'm breaking THE LAW. him: I will but you have to get that outta here before you go to JAIL! me: Trust me, you're currently standing in the safest Walgreens in the city, but go on ahead, go call the cops. him: WHAT??? You've got a loaded gun, how am I safe! me: just go call the cops, I'm sure you know the number. While you're at it, get on the internet and look up the current statute about carrying a firearm. him: Well, you're wrong, you can't carry that like that! me: oh, yes I can, but if you'd feel safer if I took it to the car while you check on it, then I volunteer to do so (@#$%ty grin and all) him: ABSOLUTELY! I know for a fact that you're breaking the law!

So, I take my firearm out to the car, come back in and start taking names, phone numbers for his manager, corporate, and call my husband and tell him that first of all, I just committed a FELONY and to please get our lawyer on three way. So, on speaker phone, my lawyer asks "who's this ******* cop that says you can't open carry in Missouri? Get his badge number." I say "he used to be a cop, Jacki. not anymore though." She laughs and says she sees why and we hang up.

Three, four minutes later, Mr. cop of the year Kevin comes up to me, face red and he's sweaty and shaking, and says "Ma'am, I apologize, I called and you were right" I said "you're damned right I'm right, and I know that your corporate office will be interested in that fact, as well as the fact that I won't be shopping here after this transaction is finished." and I walked out.

So, I called the coroprate office and they apologized and sent me a $100 gift card.

Not too bad for someone that commits felonies all over town, huh?

What a moron. :P

Post imported post

prophettm wrote:
    So, guys.. We OC at the Walmart on State line, never had any trouble, one cop stopped us and said are you looking for someone specific? And we said no, just making sure we were safe. He said "Good idea to oc, then you may not have to use it". Great experience. The next day, one of Wallyworld's finest told us "you can't do that here" I said what? She said "the boys gonna get you" ?? Ooookkkkkk.. I'll spare a million sentences about our exchange, but ya, she is/was/always will be ignorant, and yes, we did follow her out so she could show us the no firearm sign, which, btw, does not exist, and so, we carried openly all the way back to the ammo section, bought our ammo, and left.

Now.. Walgreens on Bannister and Blue ridge... So, I walk in, all 135 pounds of me, my P22 in my fobus on my hip, go to the pharmacy to get my Dad's meds, wait a minute, and this little guy comes stomping up to me with a little tag that said "assistant manager Kevin" .. Ok.

He lets loose "you better be a cop!" I said huh? he repeats himself, just as ignorant as the first time, and points to my gun. I saw him crap his drawers when I initially walked in the store, so I had it all planned out.. "What are you talking about?" him: "I was a cop in Grandview for 8 YEARS and you can't just go around like that- IT'S A FELONY!" me- Oh, it is? him: "YES it is! you can't come in here like that!" me: ok, so you were a cop where for how long? him: 8 YEARS and I KNOW THE LAW! me: well, you might want to go call the cops then, make sure you tell them I'm breaking THE LAW. him: I will but you have to get that outta here before you go to JAIL! me: Trust me, you're currently standing in the safest Walgreens in the city, but go on ahead, go call the cops. him: WHAT??? You've got a loaded gun, how am I safe! me: just go call the cops, I'm sure you know the number. While you're at it, get on the internet and look up the current statute about carrying a firearm. him: Well, you're wrong, you can't carry that like that! me: oh, yes I can, but if you'd feel safer if I took it to the car while you check on it, then I volunteer to do so (@#$%ty grin and all) him: ABSOLUTELY! I know for a fact that you're breaking the law!

So, I take my firearm out to the car, come back in and start taking names, phone numbers for his manager, corporate, and call my husband and tell him that first of all, I just committed a FELONY and to please get our lawyer on three way. So, on speaker phone, my lawyer asks "who's this ******* cop that says you can't open carry in Missouri? Get his badge number." I say "he used to be a cop, Jacki. not anymore though." She laughs and says she sees why and we hang up.

Three, four minutes later, Mr. cop of the year Kevin comes up to me, face red and he's sweaty and shaking, and says "Ma'am, I apologize, I called and you were right" I said "you're damned right I'm right, and I know that your corporate office will be interested in that fact, as well as the fact that I won't be shopping here after this transaction is finished." and I walked out.

So, I called the coroprate office and they apologized and sent me a $100 gift card.

HAHA I love it

people like that are so fun to mess with (I know the law and you are wrong) LOL

Post imported post

prophettm wrote:

It's a trap! Not very sporting of you, though, what with you actually knowing the statutes. The guy you were fighting was unarmed (in more that one sense of the word). Glad to see that it became an educational experience, though.

Post imported post

That's a nice way for corporate to "entice" you to stay a customer. I guess you made a new friend in Kevin then haha

Post imported post

So i contacted Corp and they fwd the message to the store manager, and he told me they handled it wrong, but said if someone is seen open carrying in the store they will be asked to leave, he wouldnt give me a straight answer just kept saying I would be asked to conceal or asked to leave,

every time I would ask "so OC is not allow in your store" he would not give me a yes or no just I would be asked to leave.

So I said thanks for calling and I will be taking my business elsewhere