Thread: An instructor to fully educate CPL candidates

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Post imported post

I have completed the courses and paperwork to become a nationally certified NRA firearm instructor. As soon as I get my certificate and license number (about a month from now) I will be running at full speed toward the goal of educatingstudents on the safe storage, handling, and operation of firearms. I am certified in four (4) disciplines which include: FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation, Basic Pistol Shooting, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection in the Home.

I look forward to giving prospective CPL holders a complete and accurate understanding of their rights and responsibilities in the state of Michigan, or any other state I may end up doing a class. I am very excited andhope that this will be a very helpful tool in spreading the word about OC.

-U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Post imported post

CONGRAT'S... It's good to know that there will be another CPL instructor that is knowlagable about OC and won't give false info on it. I have the cridentials that you have , plus rifle/shotgun and im a range safety officer, and in a few month's I will have metalic reloading/ shotshell reloading / PPOH ( personal pertection outside the house ).

If you ever need a RSO fora class, just let me know.

Who was your TC?

I

" My hat don't hang on the same nail too long, My ears can't stand to hear the same old song, I don't leave the highway long enough to bog down in the mud, i've got ramblin feaver in my blood " ..... Merle Haggard

Regular Member Springfield Smitty's Avatar
    OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank goodness)

Post imported post

Thanks for the heads up on the RSO thing. I want to get PPOH as well. I was not aware until after my class and looking at the other stuff available that I could have done that as well.

My TC is Mark Cortis.
    -U.S. Army Veteran (2002-2005) 11BVB4 (Infantry, Airborne, Ranger, some other stuff) SGT (E-5)
    -Public Service Professional - I've done it all: LEO, FF, and EMT
    -Certified NRA Instructor
    -CPL / CCW (whatever other acronym you can think of for carrying a concealed pistol) Instructor
    -Co-founder of OKOCA

I am not an attorney. None of my statements should be accepted, nor are they intended to be offered, as legal advice or fact of law.

Post imported post

My TC was Joe Fischer, he's in houghton lake also. The PPOH is a really fun class. What i like about it is it is 2 days of shooting!!!! But to become a instructor, you have to take the student class ( 2days ) and then take it as a instructor ( 2 days ). I already took the student class, but im waiting to take the instructor class in a month or so.
    " My hat don't hang on the same nail too long, My ears can't stand to hear the same old song, I don't leave the highway long enough to bog down in the mud, i've got ramblin feaver in my blood " ..... Merle Haggard

Post imported post

on the 28th... both myself and my dad are taking our RSO classes in Bay City.