• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An instructor to fully educate CPL candidates

Springfield Smitty

OKC, OK (Heading back to MI very soon - thank good
imported post

I have completed the courses and paperwork to become a nationally certified NRA firearm instructor. As soon as I get my certificate and license number (about a month from now) I will be running at full speed toward the goal of educatingstudents on the safe storage, handling, and operation of firearms. I am certified in four (4) disciplines which include: FIRST Steps Pistol Orientation, Basic Pistol Shooting, Home Firearm Safety, and Personal Protection in the Home.

I look forward to giving prospective CPL holders a complete and accurate understanding of their rights and responsibilities in the state of Michigan, or any other state I may end up doing a class. I am very excited andhope that this will be a very helpful tool in spreading the word about OC.

ramblinfeaver

imported post

CONGRAT'S... It's good to know that there will be another CPL instructor that is knowlagable about OC and won't give false info on it. I have the cridentials that you have , plus rifle/shotgun and im a range safety officer, and in a few month's I will have metalic reloading/ shotshell reloading / PPOH ( personal pertection outside the house ).

If you ever need a RSO fora class, just let me know.

Who was your TC?

I

ramblinfeaver

imported post

My TC was Joe Fischer, he's in houghton lake also. The PPOH is a really fun class. What i like about it is it is 2 days of shooting!!!! But to become a instructor, you have to take the student class ( 2days ) and then take it as a instructor ( 2 days ). I already took the student class, but im waiting to take the instructor class in a month or so.