Thread: City of Three Rivers

Post imported post

Talked to a high school friend of my husband's this morning, we were visiting a church with a friend, and he was there... He's an officer with the City of Three Rivers.

We told him all about our stuff going on, and he was all kinds of fired up lol.

Anyway, I write this to say that his dept. received like a week ago some info on OC (i think an internal memo) that if you see someone Oc and you draw your weapon, you will be fired no questions asked. He mentioned something to the point of, they were told you don't even stop to talk to them unless you KNOW something sinister is going on, (duh) but that they are not to interact with, ask their names, etc. unless they have definite RAS/PC.

This was good news... GOOD JOB THREE RIVERS!

Post imported post

Very good! Kudo's to them for simply avoiding trouble and giving us the same respect they'd give anyone else. I wish that more PD's would institute policies like these, because there is no reason whatsoever for the hostility we have seen transpire between open carriers and some of Michigan's police.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

wow. cool :-)

Post imported post

At first I read that as 'fired upon', not 'fired'. I was like HOLY #$^%! I'm not OCing there!
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

That's good news!

Post imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
    Talked to a high school friend of my husband's this morning, we were visiting a church with a friend, and he was there... He's an officer with the City of Three Rivers.

. . . I write this to say that his dept. received like a week ago some info on OC (i think an internal memo) that if you see someone Oc and you draw your weapon, you will be fired no questions asked. He mentioned something to the point of, they were told you don't even stop to talk to them unless you KNOW something sinister is going on, (duh) but that they are not to interact with, ask their names, etc. unless they have definite RAS/PC.
    I commend Three Rivers PD for taking the right steps in line with professionalism, upholding their oath, and making themselves a more effective police force.

Not only is it constitutionally the right thing to do, but this kind of policy freesofficers from having towastetime on law-abiding citizens and allows them to focus completely onbeing alert to RS and PC and catching morecriminals. That's how the crime rate is minimized, and that's where you want yourtax dollars going.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Please, PLEASE get the original and post it!

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    I second this!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    If I am able I will get the original and post...

Post imported post

I thinkI may have had something to do with this. Is the City Charter out of sync with State law?

By the way this was a follow up to a much larger post Is St Joseph County Preempting State law?

Post imported post

You just might at that

Also I went and read your other threads. What those ordinances are is unenforceable due to state preemption.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I wish Jackson was like that!!!