• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

City of Three Rivers

stephgrinage23

imported post

Talked to a high school friend of my husband's this morning, we were visiting a church with a friend, and he was there... He's an officer with the City of Three Rivers.

We told him all about our stuff going on, and he was all kinds of fired up lol.

Anyway, I write this to say that his dept. received like a week ago some info on OC (i think an internal memo) that if you see someone Oc and you draw your weapon, you will be fired no questions asked. He mentioned something to the point of, they were told you don't even stop to talk to them unless you KNOW something sinister is going on, (duh) but that they are not to interact with, ask their names, etc. unless they have definite RAS/PC.

This was good news... GOOD JOB THREE RIVERS!

Michigander

imported post

Very good! Kudo's to them for simply avoiding trouble and giving us the same respect they'd give anyone else. I wish that more PD's would institute policies like these, because there is no reason whatsoever for the hostility we have seen transpire between open carriers and some of Michigan's police.

DanM

imported post

stephgrinage23 wrote:
Talked to a high school friend of my husband's this morning, we were visiting a church with a friend, and he was there... He's an officer with the City of Three Rivers.

. . . I write this to say that his dept. received like a week ago some info on OC (i think an internal memo) that if you see someone Oc and you draw your weapon, you will be fired no questions asked. He mentioned something to the point of, they were told you don't even stop to talk to them unless you KNOW something sinister is going on, (duh) but that they are not to interact with, ask their names, etc. unless they have definite RAS/PC.

I commend Three Rivers PD for taking the right steps in line with professionalism, upholding their oath, and making themselves a more effective police force.

Not only is it constitutionally the right thing to do, but this kind of policy freesofficers from having towastetime on law-abiding citizens and allows them to focus completely onbeing alert to RS and PC and catching morecriminals. That's how the crime rate is minimized, and that's where you want yourtax dollars going.