• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Were to buy ammo?

fire suppressor

imported post

Looking for some bulk .40 FMJ for my XD. Been trying to find rounds for some time without any luck. Of course Sportman's warehouse makes me want to cry when I go down there ammo isle, no lucky at big 5 or walmart. Cheaperthandirt.com has been on back order for some time now. Looking for bulk about 200 rounds or so. Hopeing someone might know of a place I cant seem to find anything out there.

eardoc

imported post

Kesselrings up by Burlington has plenty. I bought a few boxes of S&B 180gr. FMJ for my G23 for about $15 a box last week. They had plenty at the time. I imagine it's too far to drive, but perhaps they ship?

sirpuma

imported post

Go to the gun show EARLY and hit the tables up. Surplus Ammo is usually well stocked on Saturday morning. There are a few other tables too. But usually by noon on Saturday they're getting dried up.

fire suppressor

imported post

I havnt seen to the range now in months simply because I would not be unable to replace what I shot. Its Y2K for gun owners

jeeper1

imported post

I gave up on buying ammo for practice. Now I reload and save the factory ammo for carrying.
I bought a Dillon square Deal B press (40s&w) for $350.
A thousand cases (once fired) for $38.50 from http://store.brassmanbrass.com/servlet/StoreFront
a thousand bullets from http://www.berrysmfg.com/ for $118 (180 grain 40 cal)
and primers and powder from my local gun shop in Port Angeles. Primers $40 per M and powder $30 a lb.
Taking my time I can turn out 200+ per hour.

Dr. Fresh

imported post

fire suppressor wrote:
I havnt seen to the range now in months simply because I would not be unable to replace what I shot. Its Y2K for gun owners
Take your .22s out for a spin. I've been shooting my H&R way more than anything else.

Hell, when's the last time you fired your Marlin?

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

surplus arms is a little spendy for handgun ammo

500.00 for 1k

when you can buy it for under 400 elsewhere

MadHatter66

imported post

Try Poulsbo walmart, I always get .40 blazer there...the have a 6 box/day limit though...go in the morning after they have unloaded the truck and stocked the shelves...That was the advice from an employee in sporting goods, and it has always worked for me.