• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greenfield Meeting TONIGHT (June 15th), we need people there...

AaronS

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
No1 wrote:
U elected'em! gd elitewannabe
Just exactly what does this mean?

The important this is to keep in mind that South Milwaukee is going to pass this same kind of thing, if we do not show up, and speak to them about it. We need people to go, to stop this. Greenfield is watching to see what South Milwaukee is going to do. If it passes in S. Milw. it will pass in Greenfield. If it passes in Greenfield, I bet it passes all over the state, at random. We will have a true patchwork of local gun laws. And no real regulation on what this sign would look like. Some place might make it a small button size, and others a big black and white thing. We won't have any idea what to be looking for...

With that in mind, when is the next South Milwaukee meeting? I would like to go. Greenfield was fun. The only people that spoke in the room, were all on our side!

patriotguy

imported post

With that in mind, when is the next South Milwaukee meeting? I would like to go. Greenfield was fun. The only people that spoke in the room, were all on our side!
The proposed ordinance for South Milwaukee was voted upon last night. The vote was 4-4, with the mayor not wanting to vote. With a tie vote, it died. I was told by one alderman that this will not come up again.

If you look at the South Milwaukee thread, you will see postings from Alderperson Lisa Pieper. She took a special interest in this ordinance, learning as much as she could about the state statutes related to OC, and communicated with several OCDO members, including myself. She deserves a great deal of credit for her efforts.

Every OCDO member needs to research their community's firearms policies for descrepancies such as violating the pre-emption statute. For example, Greenfield's municipal code states that no firearms are allowed in Greenfield. I have emailed the city attorney to bring this to his attention.

AaronS

imported post

I really do have to respect Lisa Pieper. She did what no person did in Greenfield. She asked questions, and read what she could, to be able to make an informed decision. And it looks like she did just that. She did her job well. I wish Greenfield would take the time to learn from this.

I am super happy to find out that it did not pass in S. Milw. It could have started a real run on bad laws. Now I hope Greenfield will see this, and drop it as well.

How did the S. Milw meeting go? I was unable to make it.:cry:

Support The 2nd

imported post

OK, Greenfield has passed an ordinance that is in clear violation of state law. Go to the DA's office and file a CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. Take as many as you can with you and have them ALL sign the complaint. Then release a copy of the complaint, against the ENTIRE COUNCIL,to the media.

Also notify the AG office, and demand the AG ENFORCE THE LAW. Remember, you aren't asking for an opinion, your asking him to CHARGE THE ENTIRE CITY COUNCIL WITH A CRIME!

You will also need to get a lawyer and immediately file for an injunction against the city to prevent them from enacting the ordinance. Yes, I know, it takes money, but if you guys can't figure out how to stand together and pool your resources in Wisconsin, then smooth was right, Wisconsin is LOST.

patriotguy

imported post

Support The 2nd wrote:
OK, Greenfield has passed an ordinance that is in clear violation of state law.
Greenfield is currently proposing an ordinance. Nothing has been passed. Greenfield's current municipal code regarding firearms is, as written, in violation of state statute 66.0409. I have sent a communication to the city attorney and alderperson Lubotsky to bring this to their attention.

AaronS

imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
Support The 2nd wrote:
OK, Greenfield has passed an ordinance that is in clear violation of state law.
Greenfield is currently proposing an ordinance. Nothing has been passed. Greenfield's current municipal code regarding firearms is, as written, in violation of state statute 66.0409. I have sent a communication to the city attorney and alderperson Lubotsky to bring this to their attention.
Still think we should hit up Thomas Pietrowski. He looked to be the odd "man" out. I bet he is okay with gun carry.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Looks like it made some version of local news...

http://www.greenfieldnow.com/news/48185272.html

The "Business Rights" section is especially funny, given what was said here, that police requested this, not any business owner.

"I don't want to take away the constitutional rights of businesses," [Lubotsky] said.

I guess that means she only wants to take away the constitutional rights of the people.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Don't be so surprised over the municipality's attorney/solicitor/whatever being not-so-aware of the state's firearms laws. The lawyer representing the municipality would rarely, if ever, deal with such. It's the firearms owners who are educated on such, and it is, unfortunately, their job to educate others.

AaronS

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Don't be so surprised over the municipality's attorney/solicitor/whatever being not-so-aware of the state's firearms laws. The lawyer representing the municipality would rarely, if ever, deal with such. It's the firearms owners who are educated on such, and it is, unfortunately, their job to educate others.
You are right on this. I never knew that it would be so bad though. Lubotsky had to ask what open carry looks like...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

GlockMeisterG21 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
No1 wrote:
U elected'em! gd elitewannabe
Just exactly what does this mean?

Translation:

"You elected them! G-d damn elitist wannabe"
No 1:
Well since I don't live in Milwaukee or even close by, I didn't elect anyone
and I don't appreciate you calling me a G-D elitist wannabe.
Your name calling is ridiculous and uncalled for.

Tree_Planter

imported post

I've been wanting to post a detailed message, but haven't been able to find the time to do it, and will post a brief message instead.

I want to thank the people who attended for the fantastic turnout at the Greenfield council meeting. There were a lot of speakers, and a resolution still hasn't been reached. Things look favorable for defeating the proposed ordinance, but we don't know how things will turn out and should plan on attending the next meeting.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I just looked on line at Greenfields City website and they have not listed the minutes from the 6/16 public meeting. I emailed the Mayor and asked him to have them posted

patriotguy

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I just looked on line at Greenfields City website and they have not listed the minutes from the 6/16 public meeting. I emailed the Mayor and asked him to have them posted
The meeting minutes from the last meeting will be approved at the next meeting at which time they will read the minutes from the last meeting and then vote to approve the last meeting's minutes. Unless, of course, a council member moves to waive the reading of the last meetings minutes, at which time they would vote to accept the minutes of the last meeting. This whole process takes just.... wait for it.... minutes.
There. Wasn't that a simple explanation of parliamentary procedures?
Glad I could help......

patriotguy

imported post

Mugenlude wrote:
Do we have the next day that this will be discussed in Greenfield?
The legislative committee is scheduled to meet on Monday, July 20th, at 6:30 PM.

I have sent emails to this committee and the city attorney regarding Greenfield's municipal code 10.01, concerning firearms, being in violation of Wisconsin state statute 66.0409. Have yet to receive a response. I am sure this will come up at their next meeting.

http://www.ci.greenfield.wi.us/index.asp?Type=B_BASIC&SEC={DC1AD9A9-F695-4B3A-982F-1C77669514C6}