• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good OC Day Report

eBratt

imported post

I was in Seattle on Sunday for my Masters Degree graduation. This took place at Safeco field (obviously no OC there). I did notice however that the Code of Conduct posted outside the stadium does not say anything about possession of weapons, legal or otherwise. I am not sure if this is a change from before, but I thought it was interesting. Picture of the sign is attached.

From there we went to Red Robin on the waterfront for dinner. OCed the entire time with no comments. I did notice a teenage girl at a nearby table stare at my firearm when I got up. I glanced over and smiled at her, she smiled back, and then she went back to her conversation.

From there we walked around the waterfront and ended up browsing through Pirates' Plunder before we headed back to the cars to take my parents to the airport. No problems.

Once at SeaTac, I and my family walked with my parents from the far end of the check in terminal to US Airways ticket counter. They checked in and we walked them to security where we took a couple of pictures of them with the grandkids before parting ways. Once I walked away with my two kids to let them say goodbye one more time, a man and his wife approached my wife and asked about my firearm. My wife explained that so long as you don't attempt to proceed through security, carrying a firearm is just as legal in the non-sterile areas of the airport as it is anywhere else. The man responded that he didn't know that and that it was "cool." His wife commented to him as they walked away that that is how "it should be" and that she felt safer with people legalling carrying guns.

Total time at SeaTac was probably just shy of an hour. Passed by multiple TSA and airline personnel. One TSA agent was walking near me for about 3-4 minutes as I walked (slowly) with my son. Did not see any LEOs. No problems.

From there we headed back to the ferry for the ride home. OCed on board as I usually do. Once the family was settled upstairs, I excused myself to use the bathroom. In the bathroom a man probably in his 50's approached me to say that he and his wife were shocked when I exited my minivan with a gun on until they realized I must have been an LEO. I politely explained that I wasn't and briefly explained the gun laws for the state. He indicated he was visiting from MN where things are very different. We chatted about his home states gun laws, how he was enjoywing WA and a few other niceties before parting. All in all a great contact.

And that was it. I have to say, I've been OCing a fair bit more with the warm weather and haven't had a single bad contact yet this year without even a request to have me leave a store or put my gun in the car. Often times I am with my wife and two kids, which might help to lower the perceived threat, but either way, no problems.

FMCDH

imported post

I OCed at Sea-Tac while picking up my folks and some family friends this last Sunday. Total time was only about 10 minutes, but I know that quite a few people saw me as I walked around my car and assisted with luggage. Both pickup lanes were packed with cars and people.

No patrol cars were sent racing after me, and no one screamed or ran. Imagine that! ;)