• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

conceal carry holster to use with shorts

spar10

imported post

can anyone suggest a good conceal holster that i could use during the summer when i'm wearing shorts and no belt?

eyesopened

imported post

If no belt, what keeps your shorts from falling to your ankles :lol:

Since I carry IWB mostly, my pants have a bit of room and if I don't wear a belt it tends to slip down. Add the weight of a gun and it's sure to be an embarassing moment.

My MTAC uses clips so that can be used. Bianchi has clip holsters also.

Daddyo

imported post

First off, the gun can't be too heavy.

Although I've carried my Ruger P89 in my drawstring shorts, I spent a lot of time tugging them up and the drawstring was supporting a lot more weight than I was comfortable with. If it broke, everyone would see exactly what I brought to the party.

Now I'm carrying a Keltec PF9 in a suede Bianchi IWB (same one I used with the Ruger, just a few extra stitches). I have no problems keeping it up whatsoever. Hardly know its there. I can also carry it in the front pocket, but it's not really comfortable to me to have heavy stuff in my front pocket.

spar10

imported post

what about those belly bands or an insider with a metal waist band clip? i'll mostly be carrying a g23 or 27.