• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

23 State AGs tell Holder 'No' on renewal of semi-auto ban

Alexcabbie

imported post

HUH. Our AG in Virginia, McDonnell, is NOT a signatory. Probably has something to do with the Governor's race and his needing Northern Va (home of the appalling James "Bugs" Moran). Don't perzackly know what to make of that. :?

Dave Workman

imported post

Washington's AG didn't sign, either.

Passthis link(not the entire article) around to other chat groups, see what they think.

suntzu

imported post

Tennessee did not sign either...

but my Congressman was among the 65 Congressional Reps who told Holder they would fight against any new AWB..

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
HUH. Our AG in Virginia, McDonnell, is NOT a signatory. Probably has something to do with the Governor's race and his needing Northern Va (home of the appalling James "Bugs" Moran). Don't perzackly know what to make of that. :?
From the What-it's-Worth Dept....
The current AG in Virginia is Bill Mims. He was elected by the G.A. in Feb. However, I don't know anything about him or why is signature is not on the list.

http://www.oag.state.va.us/Mims/Mims_Bio.html

Alexcabbie

imported post

les_aker wrote:
Alexcabbie wrote:
HUH. Our AG in Virginia, McDonnell, is NOT a signatory.
McDonnell isn't AG anymore. He resigned when he announced he was running for Governor.
Thanks, Les and Double R for straightening me out. Having said THAT, now I wonder who Mims is (other than AGVA). I really MUST pay more attention to State officials, driving a hack just takes up so much time....

MEANWHILE I have a job for Mimms right now. He can tell McAulliffe and the other loser to get there damned campaign signs out of thye medians on Duke Street, Commonwealth Ave, Etc, etc etc.......... They are eyesores.