• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart

Anty506

imported post

After months of the Hammond and Amite Walmart lying about their gun policy, Walmart Corp has stepped in.

Walmart corp supports gun owners and made damn sure that the managers of these two walmart's stopped the lying to their customers about how the policy states that only LEO can carry in their store.

The policy states that if you are LEGALLY carrying, you can carry in their stores.

I carry in all other Walmart's and have NO problem what so ever. For the record, Hammond and Amite now know the real policy :)

turbodog

imported post

Anty506 wrote:
After months of the Hammond and Amite Walmart lying about their gun policy, Walmart Corp has stepped in.

Walmart corp supports gun owners and made damn sure that the managers of these two walmart's stopped the lying to their customers about how the policy states that only LEO can carry in their store.

The policy states that if you are LEGALLY carrying, you can carry in their stores.

I carry in all other Walmart's and have NO problem what so ever. For the record, Hammond and Amite now know the real policy :)
Careful in Amite Anty506. They've got an anti-carry law that's been on the books since 1965 so state preemption doesn't work there.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

turbodog wrote:
Anty506 wrote:

Careful in Amite Anty506. They've got an anti-carry law that's been on the books since 1965 so state preemption doesn't work there.

Wouldn't that be unconstitutional, though, under Article 1, Section 11?

imported post

THAT is EXACTLY what I've been preaching for literally decades.
Kinda like a poker game, a pair doesn't trump a royal flush.
But most "law enforcement officers" and proudly, intentionally ignorant Amerikans (most notably CCW folks) refuse to learn that.

Dustin

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Anty506 wrote:

If it's true that is.

turbodog

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Anty506 wrote:

Good Point XD!

Here it is, y'all judge.

Section 11-4017. Unlawful possession of weapons. (a)Except as hereinafter provided, it shall be unlawful for any person, except within his own domicile, to carry or use on or about his person or have in his manual possession, either secretly or openly, whether concealed or otherwise, any arms or weapons of any kind, or any shotgun, rifle, pistol, revolver, air-gun, "B-B gun," gas operated gun or spring gun, or any instrument, toy or weapon commonly known as a "peashooter," "slingshot," or "beany," or any bow made for the purpose of throwing or projecting missiles of any kind by any means whatsoever, or any dirk, bowie knife, clasp knife, razor, metallic knuckles, slingshot, billy or any other weapon, whether the instrument is called by any name set forth above or by any other name, other than the ordinary or common penknife or pocket knife. (b)The prohibition of (a) above shall not apply to licensed shooting galleries or in private grounds or premises under circumstances when the instrument can be fired, discharged or operated in a manner as not to endanger persons or property, and also in a manner as to prevent the projectile from traversing any grounds or space outside the limits of the gallery, grounds or residence; and further provided, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent the carrying of any type of gun whatsoever when unloaded and properly cased, to or from any range or gallery or to or from an area where hunting is allowed by law, and further provided that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent or forbid any federal, state, parish or municipal officer empowered to make arrests, nor any person who shall be licensed to carry arms under the provisions of the laws of the town, the state or under any federal laws, from carrying or wearing, while on duty, the weapons as shall be necessary in this proper discharge of their duties. (Ord. No. 483, §§ I, II, 10-5-65)

Dustin

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Anty506 wrote:

Could be some sort of grandfather law.

RS 40:1796
[align=center]PART II-A. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS[/align]
[align=justify]§1796. Preemption of state law[/align]
[align=justify]A. No governing authority of a political subdivision shall enact after July 15, 1985, any ordinance or regulation more restrictive than state law concerning in any way the sale, purchase, possession, ownership, transfer, transportation, license, or registration of firearms, ammunition, or components of firearms or ammunition; however, this Section shall not apply to the levy and collection of sales and use taxes, license fees and taxes and permit fees, nor shall it affect the authority of political subdivisions to prohibit the possession of a weapon or firearm in certain commercial establishments and public buildings.[/align]
[align=justify]B. Nothing in this Section shall prohibit a local governing authority in a high-risk area from developing a plan with federally licensed firearms manufacturers, dealers, or importers to secure the inventory of firearms and ammunition of those licensees in order to prevent looting of the licensee's premises during a declared state of emergency or disaster. Such plan shall be renewed on a periodic basis. The information contained in the plan shall be deemed security procedures as defined in R.S. 44:3.1 and shall be released only to the sheriffs of the parishes or police chiefs of municipalities in which the declared state of emergency or disaster exists.[/align]
[align=justify]C. For the purposes of this Section:[/align]
[align=justify](1) "Declared emergency or disaster" means an emergency or disaster declared by the governor or parish president pursuant to the provisions of the Louisiana Homeland Security and Emergency Assistance and Disaster Act.[/align]
[align=justify](2) "High-risk area" means the parishes of Assumption, Calcasieu, Cameron, Iberia, Jefferson, Lafourche, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John, St. Martin, St. Mary, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne, and Vermilion.[/align]
[align=justify]Added by Acts 1985, No. 741, §1, eff. July 17, 1985; Acts 2006, No. 254, §1.[/align]

derf

imported post

What else can one possibly say or write to get the point across? NO act of the legislature or some political subdivision of the state thereof can trump a RIGHT as defined in the state constitution.

....after July 15, 1985...

When was Amite City's anti carry code enacted?
Could it be 1965?

If so, could you be giving someone bad advice? Are you gonna represent someone when they get arrested in Amite City after you told them they could carry there?

Dustin

imported post

Amite City Code

http://library3.municode.com/default-test/template.htm?view=browse&doc_action=setdoc&doc_keytype=tocid&doc_key=37a7bced4218805e08324fc1b4b9ec4f&infobase=11929

§ 11-4017. Unlawful possession of weapons.

Section 11-4017. Unlawful possession of weapons.

(a)Except as hereinafter provided, it shall be unlawful for any person, except within his own domicile, to carry or use on or about his person or have in his manual possession, either secretly or openly, whether concealed or otherwise, any arms or weapons of any kind, or any shotgun, rifle, pistol, revolver, air-gun, "B-B gun," gas operated gun or spring gun, or any instrument, toy or weapon commonly known as a "peashooter," "slingshot," or "beany," or any bow made for the purpose of throwing or projecting missiles of any kind by any means whatsoever, or any dirk, bowie knife, clasp knife, razor, metallic knuckles, slingshot, billy or any other weapon, whether the instrument is called by any name set forth above or by any other name, other than the ordinary or common penknife or pocket knife.

(b)The prohibition of (a) above shall not apply to licensed shooting galleries or in private grounds or premises under circumstances when the instrument can be fired, discharged or operated in a manner as not to endanger persons or property, and also in a manner as to prevent the projectile from traversing any grounds or space outside the limits of the gallery, grounds or residence; and further provided, that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent the carrying of any type of gun whatsoever when unloaded and properly cased, to or from any range or gallery or to or from an area where hunting is allowed by law, and further provided that nothing herein contained shall be construed to prevent or forbid any federal, state, parish or municipal officer empowered to make arrests, nor any person who shall be licensed to carry arms under the provisions of the laws of the town, the state or under any federal laws, from carrying or wearing, while on duty, the weapons as shall be necessary in this proper discharge of their duties.

(Ord. No. 483, §§ I, II, 10-5-65)

Well take a look at that. :what:
Can you say Blue City ?

derf

imported post

That little number 65 at the end may mean the difference between a hard time and a new motorcycle for someone.

Dustin

imported post

derf wrote:
That little number 65 at the end may mean the difference between a hard time and a new motorcycle for someone.

I have no idea where this place is, nor do I care. But if a city is that whacked out on restriction, they sure as hell ain't getting any of my business. I'd stay completely away from it.

derf

imported post

I have no idea where this place is, nor do I care. But if a city is that whacked out on restriction, they sure as hell ain't getting any of my business. I'd stay completely away from it.

See what you can do with good information? You can make an informed decision.

Driving directions to Amite City, LA 213 mi – about 3 hours 33 mins I don't think I'll ever go there :lol:
It is north of Hammond off I-55.

Aren't you glad you didn't go there and get arrested for OC?