• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart

turbodog

imported post

Dustin wrote:
derf wrote:
That little number 65 at the end may mean the difference between a hard time and a new motorcycle for someone.

I have no idea where this place is, nor do I care. But if a city is that whacked out on restriction, they sure as hell ain't getting any of my business. I'd stay completely away from it.
Ya, Amite is just a few miles from home for me. I checked it out and found that little law, so no carry there, including the Wal Mart. That's why I figured I'd give a heads up to Anty506 seeing as he said he's carried at the Wallyworld there.

Ya see mark, this is the kind of useful stuff people try and find here, CITATIONS of LAW that can help keep a fellow carrier out of jail through simple ignorance.

As opposed to the rabid dogma (no pun intended) you prefer to flog people with.

derf

imported post

turbodog wrote:
Dustin wrote:
derf wrote:
That little number 65 at the end may mean the difference between a hard time and a new motorcycle for someone.

I have no idea where this place is, nor do I care. But if a city is that whacked out on restriction, they sure as hell ain't getting any of my business. I'd stay completely away from it.
Ya, Amite is just a few miles from home for me. I checked it out and found that little law, so no carry there, including the Wal Mart. That's why I figured I'd give a heads up to Anty506 seeing as he said he's carried at the Wallyworld there.

Ya see mark, this is the kind of useful stuff people try and find here, CITATIONS of LAW that can help keep a fellow carrier out of jail through simple ignorance.

Well put.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

derf wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Dustin wrote:
derf wrote:

Well put.

Except that, technically,Mark is correct in stating that the Constitution trumps a state law or local ordinance. (Don't take my word, ask any lawyer.) The State pre-emption law refers tolaws passed prior to its adoption as being grandfathered. However, the state Constitution outranks even that. So from a strict reading, the Amite anti-carry law is unconstitutional.

It would take a test case to have that formally declared, for that law was not nipped in the bud before it was passed. So if someone has the time and the money to fight a small town unconstitutional law, here's your chance. But be forewarned: it will be expensive, time-consuming, and people who do not clearly appreciate your motives will harangue you and inveigh against you in public internet forums.

derf

imported post

Yes, and if you take the 2A literally then all the state laws and local laws are unconstitutional.

You also get into grey areas about what is concealed. Does a holster conceal a gun? Does it have to be readily recognized as a gun? Who decides what "readily recognized" is?

I agree the laws contradict themselves in many instances. But, that doesn't keep anyone from being arrested in Amite City.

HungSquirrel

imported post

derf wrote:
Yes, and if you take the 2A literally then all the state laws and local laws are unconstitutional.
There are questions as to whether 2A applies to the states. There is no question that 1-11 applies to the state, parishes, and cities.

The way that tyrannical town's ordinance is written, CC is illegal (as 1-11 specifically allows regulation of CC). The only way to carry "legally" there is to OC...which will get you immediately arrested under the unconstitutional provisions in the ordinance! What a hellhole! My apologies to anyone stuck under that town's bootheel!

smoking357

Banned
imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
Except that, technically,Mark is correct in stating that the Constitution trumps a state law or local ordinance. (Don't take my word, ask any lawyer.) The State pre-emption law refers tolaws passed prior to its adoption as being grandfathered. However, the state Constitution outranks even that. So from a strict reading, the Amite anti-carry law is unconstitutional.

It would take a test case to have that formally declared, for that law was not nipped in the bud before it was passed. So if someone has the time and the money to fight a small town unconstitutional law, here's your chance. But be forewarned: it will be expensive, time-consuming, and people who do not clearly appreciate your motives will harangue you and inveigh against you in public internet forums.
If Louisiana provides for declaratory judgment filings, one wouldn't need to be a test case. One could come at the law, straightway.

As to your second paragraph, it's disheartening to see so many that anti-gunners and anti-Liberty antagonists have infiltratrated the ranks of gun owners. The Bradys are not as zealous in their attacks on guns rights as are the pro-authority, anti-individualist types.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
XD-GEM wrote:

If Louisiana provides for declaratory judgment filings, one wouldn't need to be a test case. One could come at the law, straightway.

As to your second paragraph, it's disheartening to see so many that anti-gunners and anti-Liberty antagonists have infiltratrated the ranks of gun owners. The Bradys are not as zealous in their attacks on guns rights as are the pro-authority, anti-individualist types.

Congrats XD-GEM. now you are an anti-gunner. Amazing this guy, isn't he? :banghead:

smoking357

Banned
imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
Congrats XD-GEM. now you are an anti-gunner. Amazing this guy, isn't he? :banghead:
I'm through being polite with you. You are either an outright liar or an absolute idiot. If you're not aiming to be a liar, you have all the mental acuity of a five year old. You read very little, and you're unfamiliar with the manifold operations of the tongue.

You're clearly in over your head, and you're resentful at being so out of your depth. Your flailing attempts at comprehending the text leave you uttering misstatements when you feel compelled to speak.

You are dangerously stupid, and it's terrifying to see that we let persons of such ignorance become police. You're of the lot that needs to listen while your betters do the talking. In no case should the public pay to arm you.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
nolacopusmc wrote:
I'm through being polite with you. You are either an outright liar or an absolute idiot. If you're not aiming to be a liar, you have all the mental acuity of a five year old. You read very little, and you're unfamiliar with the manifold operations of the tongue.

You're clearly in over your head, and you're resentful at being so out of your depth. Your flailing attempts at comprehending the text leave you uttering misstatements when you feel compelled to speak.

You are dangerously stupid, and it's terrifying to see that we let persons of such ignorance become police. You're of the lot that needs to listen while your betters do the talking. In no case should the public pay to arm you.
That was very eloquent, but my subservient establishment loving lizard brain cannot comprehend all your big words.

Please do not stop being polite. You have been so kind and thoughtful thus far. i do not know if I can handle the wrath of your severe dumbassedness if you really took the gloves off.

Do you take your meds morning lunch and dinner, or just morning and dinner? Either way, it is time someone upped them.

You are both delusional and mildly entertaining.

Let's see if you can answer one simple question.....What did I lie about?

JeepSeller

imported post

Careful there nolacopusmc! Slippery as an eel this one. Let me predict the future here....he WON'T answer your's or anyone else's direct question, to answer a direct question put him ina postion to be cornered. Then he will ineptly attempt to change the subject and he'll use his obviously very impressive Thesarus software to rewrite his musings into something that is intended to bolster his confidence, elevate the apperance of his intelligence and talk down to whom ever is dispatching him.

I, personally think it'spathetic, but, absolutely halarious! :lol:

HungSquirrel

imported post

I think people are mis-interpreting XD-GEM. He's not saying that the time, expense, and harassment are good things. He's merely warning you to expect them. Smoking357 is not lamenting XD-GEM's comment, but rather the fact that XD-GEM is right.

Calm down, fellas!

charlie12

imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Careful there nolacopusmc! Slippery as an eel this one. Let me predict the future here....he WON'T answer your's or anyone else's direct question, to answer a direct question put him ina postion to be cornered. Then he will ineptly attempt to change the subject and he'll use his obviously very impressive Thesarus software to rewrite his musings into something that is intended to bolster his confidence, elevate the apperance of his intelligence and talk down to whom ever is dispatching him.

I, personally think it'spathetic, but, absolutely halarious! :lol:

Is he a politician down there in Florida? He sounds like one.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
I think people are mis-interpreting XD-GEM. He's not saying that the time, expense, and harassment are good things. He's merely warning you to expect them. Smoking357 is not lamenting XD-GEM's comment, but rather the fact that XD-GEM is right.

Calm down, fellas!
Lordy be, someone graduated college. Our NOLA cop and our prison worker, JeepSeller, aren't quite bright enough to understand what the smart kids are saying.

Hey, Jeep, how's Henry's letter coming? You really took your lumps on that default issue. Now, out of bitterness, you're following me from state to state, nipping at my heels like a chihuahua.

It seems you never quite understand the big words and big ideas, so you lash out in anger and frustration. Sad life you have.

JeepSeller

imported post

Yup, just as I predicted. Refuses to answer any direct questions, afraid of that corner, are you? And then strikes out with the predictable insults and futile attempt to validate his existence by "attempting" to turn the tables on his would be dispatchers.

Pathetic indeed. Pathetically predictable.

Next, he'll try to insultour patriotism and callus anti gunor un American, and spout some plagiarized quote....just watch...

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Yup, just as I predicted.
You know you're dumb, and you know I'm smart. You "predict" you'll say something dumb, and I'll say something smart in response, and, Shazam!, your "prediction" comes true, every time.

I see you're back at your tedious methods, talking about the discussion, rather than engaging in the discussion, talking about feelings, rather than substance.

You're a boring, tedious, pest with nothing to add. Pffffff, off with you. Scat.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Next, he'll try to...spout some plagiarized quote....just watch...
Moron, if a passage is in quotes, it's by definition not plagiarized. They cover this in sixth grade. Pity you didn't stick around.

Do you have anything to add, because you're obstructing this thread by becoming polemic road kill.

You'll do a little better here when you learn to improve your attitude and open your mouth less.

By the way, this is another state forum that is "generalizing" about cops. Open your mouth with your silly arguments, here, and let's see you get owned, again.

JeepSeller

imported post

Resorting to insults again I see. The resort of a beaten, cornered person and those with a lack of wit.

Pathetic indeed. I've made my point yet again. You, yet again ,refuse to make any logical argument. You don't know how to debate..you only know how to use prose in an attempt to inflame or irritate.

You're a sad sad kid. You really should go back to your X-Box live....you're way out gunned here boy.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
Resorting to insults again I see.
SMACK! Nasty little pest.
fly%20swatter%20bsr1.jpg

JeepSeller

imported post

You call me the pest. Yet, have you ever noticed thateverything you ever say seems to create controversy? If you are truly here to contribute and NOT to inflame and irritate, why is it that people just seem to get irritated at what you say? How is it that 10's of thousands of people can make millions of posts a day in these forums, yet, you seem to garner a hostile reaction to the vast majority of your posts? Oh, I can "predict' how you'll answer that one...let's see.."you'll do as you always do and accuse anyone who disagrees with you of being anti-something, or un-something else.

Seriously, I've suggested for some time now that your only motivation is to inflame. To jump onto these forums and make offensive statements in which you know will gain you a negative response andsupply you with the attention that you crave.

Even some of the other members here have begun to notice it andcalled you out on it. You counter each and every one of them with your insulting banter..then accuse them of being anti-gun or some nonsense of the type.

Honestly,what have you contributed to anything other than creating arguments?

I predict that will be yet anotherDIRECT questionthat will never see a direct, logical, intelligent answer either other than further insults and hollow inuendos.