• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart

smoking357

Banned
imported post

JeepSeller wrote:
You call me the pest.
It's back!

product_rfik.jpg

Sssssssssssssssssprayyyyyyyyyyyy.....................................

turbodog

imported post

Except that, technically,Mark is correct in stating that the Constitution trumps a state law or local ordinance. (Don't take my word, ask any lawyer.) The State pre-emption law refers tolaws passed prior to its adoption as being grandfathered. However, the state Constitution outranks even that. So from a strict reading, the Amite anti-carry law is unconstitutional.

It would take a test case to have that formally declared, for that law was not nipped in the bud before it was passed. So if someone has the time and the money to fight a small town unconstitutional law, here's your chance. But be forewarned: it will be expensive, time-consuming, and people who do not clearly appreciate your motives will harangue you and inveigh against you in public internet forums.
Yes, and I agree with Mark about that. Surprised Mark?

But as you say XD, to be realistic, it would be a long, expensive fight to prove it, and really, is there a guarantee of winning? Maybe, Maybe not. Maybe lots of expensive appeals.

That's why I offered $500.00 to Marks defense fund if he dared to be a test case. :D

JeepSeller

imported post

Smoking-something...sometimes your maturity and age shows through your well versed Thesaurus assisted prose. Seriously, X-Box Live must have really given you a beating to have ventured into trolling the forums.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one noticing either by the looks of some other threads... It's really gotta sting to know you have ZERO credibility with a group this size.

You never did answer my direct question...guess another prediction of mine was accurate. :quirky

Now, go ahead and try to insult me more...seems to be all you got. :lol:

Anty506

imported post

derf wrote:
You also get into grey areas about what is concealed. Does a holster conceal a gun? Does it have to be readily recognized as a gun? Who decides what "readily recognized" is?
I believe this was already cleared up.

State v. Fluker 311 So. 2d 863

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Anty506 wrote:
derf wrote:
You also get into grey areas about what is concealed. Does a holster conceal a gun? Does it have to be readily recognized as a gun? Who decides what "readily recognized" is?
I believe this was already cleared up.

State v. Fluker 311 So. 2d 863
Correct citation, Anty506; not bad for such a young fellow (at least compared to us old farts, anyway).

HungSquirrel

imported post

Smoking-something...sometimes your maturity and age shows through your well versed Thesaurus assisted prose. Seriously, X-Box Live must have really given you a beating to have ventured into trolling the forums.
I wonder if you can see the irony in your own statements? Probably not.

crewdawg

imported post

This really sucks as I LIVE in Amite! And this is the first I've heard about this law. How would one go about getting this changed and more in line with state law? (Without OCing and being arrested of course)

Oscarr

imported post

I'm pretty sure the Art. 1 Sec 11 would apply here, they can't just arbitrarily ban OC.

As always though, the innocent person would get screwed, cause you'd still be arrested and have to fight it in court and pay all the legal fees. Hence the need for an OC Legal fund!

Edit: Louisiana Carry needs to hurry and pass the bar!

firefighter9158

imported post

lsushawn wrote:
MEMwrote:
NO act of the legislature or some political subdivision of the state thereof can trump a RIGHT as defined in the state constitution.

why don't you go down there and test out your theory?
spent the whole day there riding my Harley, Sunday, was spotted by Independence Police open carrying twice ! No problems, just a wave. Maybe there are a few smart L.E.O's there.

firefighter9158

imported post

My Bad ! I meant to state rode through the City of Amite and spotted by there units along with Independence P.Dbackdraft522 wrote:
lsushawn wrote:
MEMwrote:
NO act of the legislature or some political subdivision of the state thereof can trump a RIGHT as defined in the state constitution.

why don't you go down there and test out your theory?
spent the whole day there riding my Harley, Sunday, was spotted by Independence Police open carrying twice ! No problems, just a wave. Maybe there are a few smart L.E.O's there.