• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

List of places we open carried in Wyoming

MichaelWDean

imported post

List of everywhere we open carried on our trip to Wyoming. While getting in and out of a car with California plates. We had no problem at all anywhere. Got a few sideways glances, but I think they were from out-of-state tourists.

EVANSTON: Main Street Artisans Cafe & Gallery, walking down main street. Parking lot of Pyro City fireworks.

SUNDANCE: Subway

HULETT: Pondarosa Cafe, Main Street, public range. (sounds barely worth mentioning, until you realize you cannot carry holstered anywhere in Los Angeles at a range.)

DEVIL'S TOWER: parking lot of Devil's Tower, inside Country Store down the street.

GILLETTE: WalMart and WalMart parking lot

NEWCASTLE: Donna's Main Street Diner, Main Street, Loaf & Jug

BUFFALO: Library, John Gatchell Museum, McDonalds, Kum & Go.

CASPER: Tacos Mexicanos, Poison Spider Range Loaf & Jug, Wonder Bar, WalGreens, Cheese Barrel diner, Red Lobster

CHEYENNE: T-Joe’s Steak House

DOUGLAS: Pump & Pack

ALL OVER THE STATE: always in the car. Various rest areas, and several more Loaf & Jugs, Kum & Gos and Loaf & Jugs.

Yay! We had such a good time. California seems sad in every way in comparison, and we really dug all the new friends we made.

Trip total: 3219 miles, slept in six Wyoming cities (and two Utah cities) in ten days.

MWD

Huck

imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
List of everywhere we open carried on our trip to Wyoming. While getting in and out of a car with California plates. We had no problem at all anywhere. Got a few sideways glances, but I think they were from out-of-state tourists.

EVANSTON: Main Street Artisans Cafe & Gallery, walking down main street. Parking lot of Pyro City fireworks.

SUNDANCE: Subway

HULETT: Pondarosa Cafe, Main Street, public range. (sounds barely worth mentioning, until you realize you cannot carry holstered anywhere in Los Angeles at a range.)

DEVIL'S TOWER: parking lot of Devil's Tower, inside Country Store down the street.

GILLETTE: WalMart and WalMart parking lot

NEWCASTLE: Donna's Main Street Diner, Main Street, Loaf & Jug

BUFFALO: Library, John Gatchell Museum, McDonalds, Kum & Go.

CASPER: Tacos Mexicanos, Poison Spider Range Loaf & Jug, Wonder Bar, WalGreens, Cheese Barrel diner, Red Lobster

CHEYENNE: T-Joe’s Steak House

DOUGLAS: Pump & Pack

ALL OVER THE STATE: always in the car. Various rest areas, and several more Loaf & Jugs, Kum & Gos and Loaf & Jugs.

Yay! We had such a good time. California seems sad in every way in comparison, and we really dug all the new friends we made.

Trip total: 3219 miles, slept in six Wyoming cities (and two Utah cities) in ten days.

MWD

As someone who was born and raised in California and lived there for 46 years I'm here to tell you that California is sad in comparison to Wyoming. IMHO, the only thing Cali has going for it that's better than Wyoming is milder winterweather in most of Cali.

Michael, I hope you and your wifehave some really good winter clothes because it does get pretty brutal here in the winter.

opusd2

imported post

I was born and raised in Wisconsin on a farm where working for hours at a time in all temperatures as low and as high as they go was a necessity. Wyoming was a treat for me with it's temperature.

And I still miss the taste of dust...

Mjolnir

imported post

hope you got it all out of your system chances are the people who live around you will not be happy to see you openly carrying a pistol while mowing the yard or watering the flowers.

now go get some quality holsters and belts instead of cheap crap that is nothing more than a stop gap measure and prone to breakage or dropping the pistol.

make sure you do not carry concealed prior to getting your concealed carry permit either or you could be in trouble and end up under arrest.

MichaelWDean

imported post

Huck wrote:

As someone who was born and raised in California and lived there for 46 years I'm here to tell you that California is sad in comparison to Wyoming. IMHO, the only thing Cali has going for it that's better than Wyoming is milder winterweather in most of Cali.

Michael, I hope you and your wifehave some really good winter clothes because it does get pretty brutal here in the winter.
Winter's almost over and we've had nothing I'd really describe as "brutal", the way I remember the winters as brutal when I was a kid in Upstate New York.

MWD

Majorpain

imported post

Most people here don't care that much, So long as you aren't flashing your firearm around pointing it at people or acting like you are going to do something illegal. Few people have ever stopped to ask me why I carry those that do usually are from somewhere else. Most people don't even notice the few people I see staring every-once in a while just look and go about their business.