Thread: List of places we open carried in Wyoming

Post imported post

List of everywhere we open carried on our trip to Wyoming. While getting in and out of a car with California plates. We had no problem at all anywhere. Got a few sideways glances, but I think they were from out-of-state tourists.

EVANSTON: Main Street Artisans Cafe & Gallery, walking down main street. Parking lot of Pyro City fireworks.

SUNDANCE: Subway

HULETT: Pondarosa Cafe, Main Street, public range. (sounds barely worth mentioning, until you realize you cannot carry holstered anywhere in Los Angeles at a range.)

DEVIL'S TOWER: parking lot of Devil's Tower, inside Country Store down the street.

GILLETTE: WalMart and WalMart parking lot

NEWCASTLE: Donna's Main Street Diner, Main Street, Loaf & Jug

BUFFALO: Library, John Gatchell Museum, McDonalds, Kum & Go.

CASPER: Tacos Mexicanos, Poison Spider Range Loaf & Jug, Wonder Bar, WalGreens, Cheese Barrel diner, Red Lobster

CHEYENNE: T-Joe’s Steak House

DOUGLAS: Pump & Pack

ALL OVER THE STATE: always in the car. Various rest areas, and several more Loaf & Jugs, Kum & Gos and Loaf & Jugs.

Yay! We had such a good time. California seems sad in every way in comparison, and we really dug all the new friends we made.

Trip total: 3219 miles, slept in six Wyoming cities (and two Utah cities) in ten days.

MWD

Post imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
    List of everywhere we open carried on our trip to Wyoming. While getting in and out of a car with California plates. We had no problem at all anywhere. Got a few sideways glances, but I think they were from out-of-state tourists.

EVANSTON: Main Street Artisans Cafe & Gallery, walking down main street. Parking lot of Pyro City fireworks.

SUNDANCE: Subway

HULETT: Pondarosa Cafe, Main Street, public range. (sounds barely worth mentioning, until you realize you cannot carry holstered anywhere in Los Angeles at a range.)

DEVIL'S TOWER: parking lot of Devil's Tower, inside Country Store down the street.

GILLETTE: WalMart and WalMart parking lot

NEWCASTLE: Donna's Main Street Diner, Main Street, Loaf & Jug

BUFFALO: Library, John Gatchell Museum, McDonalds, Kum & Go.

CASPER: Tacos Mexicanos, Poison Spider Range Loaf & Jug, Wonder Bar, WalGreens, Cheese Barrel diner, Red Lobster

CHEYENNE: T-Joe’s Steak House

DOUGLAS: Pump & Pack

ALL OVER THE STATE: always in the car. Various rest areas, and several more Loaf & Jugs, Kum & Gos and Loaf & Jugs.

Yay! We had such a good time. California seems sad in every way in comparison, and we really dug all the new friends we made.

Trip total: 3219 miles, slept in six Wyoming cities (and two Utah cities) in ten days.

MWD
    As someone who was born and raised in California and lived there for 46 years I'm here to tell you that California is sad in comparison to Wyoming. IMHO, the only thing Cali has going for it that's better than Wyoming is milder winterweather in most of Cali.

Michael, I hope you and your wifehave some really good winter clothes because it does get pretty brutal here in the winter.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Thank you.

Re weather: I grew up near Buffalo, New York. I have snow in my soul.

But the wife is from San Antonio. She's in for a treat!

MWD

Post imported post

I was born and raised in Wisconsin on a farm where working for hours at a time in all temperatures as low and as high as they go was a necessity. Wyoming was a treat for me with it's temperature.

And I still miss the taste of dust...
    I aim to misbehave

Post imported post

hope you got it all out of your system chances are the people who live around you will not be happy to see you openly carrying a pistol while mowing the yard or watering the flowers.

now go get some quality holsters and belts instead of cheap crap that is nothing more than a stop gap measure and prone to breakage or dropping the pistol.

make sure you do not carry concealed prior to getting your concealed carry permit either or you could be in trouble and end up under arrest.

Post imported post

Huck wrote:
    As someone who was born and raised in California and lived there for 46 years I'm here to tell you that California is sad in comparison to Wyoming. IMHO, the only thing Cali has going for it that's better than Wyoming is milder winterweather in most of Cali.

Michael, I hope you and your wifehave some really good winter clothes because it does get pretty brutal here in the winter.

Winter's almost over and we've had nothing I'd really describe as "brutal", the way I remember the winters as brutal when I was a kid in Upstate New York.

MWD

Post imported post

Most people here don't care that much, So long as you aren't flashing your firearm around pointing it at people or acting like you are going to do something illegal. Few people have ever stopped to ask me why I carry those that do usually are from somewhere else. Most people don't even notice the few people I see staring every-once in a while just look and go about their business.