• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"GUNS Save Lives" bricks at Turning Point Park

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
ed wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
ed wrote:
TexasNative wrote:
FWIW, Ed routinely publishes his home address on teh Intarwebz. I suspect he (and Brooke, for that matter) are prepared in the unlikely event that any unpleasantness should come their way as a result.
We are..

I used to block out my address but I am pretty active online and in the community and sending out OC cards, etc. So blocking it from YOU GUYS does not make sense when it is available to the rest of the world. :)

And TexasNative is exactly right :) (and don't forget I just bought a brand new Super Shorty too)
Have you shot any 3" mags out of it yet? How was it?
I said i BOUGHT it.. I did not HAVE it yet ;-).. It takes the AFT a looooooong time for the Class III tax stamp.
I thought it was just a AOW, $5 thing that took no time...?
ditto???
Last time I checked, most things dealing with the BATF takes a looong time. They have no rush :?. That said, having shot 3" mags out of my M500 w/ full stock, I have no urge to shoot it with pistol grip only, much less in a gun cut down almost 2/3 smaller! :what: (Yes I know Serbu doesn't cut down shotguns, they make them from fresh receivers from Mossberg/Rem, otherwise they'd be SBS instead of AOW).

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

nova wrote:
most things dealing with the BATF takes a looong time. They have no rush
Correct. I hear 2-6 months. And once they cash my check.. they SEND the paperwork to WV for processing. AOW is a Class III the stamp is 5.00 instead of 200 but the process is the same.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
What happened to the original thread? It appears to have been deleted entirely.
You have to protect/insulate the thread to make sure it is not"off-topic."

Let me fix it for you - Guns Save Lives when open carried - activists denied 1st Amendment expression of 2nd Amend in city owned park !

Group spokesperson says message is political - where in the rules is that restricted?
Personally, I think it is celebratory.
Maybe he means not in accordance with his version = censorship. :cuss:

Yata hey

RedKnightt

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
RedKnightt wrote:
What happened to the original thread? It appears to have been deleted entirely.
You have to protect/insulate the thread to make sure it is not"off-topic."

Let me fix it for you - Guns Save Lives when open carried - activists denied 1st Amendment expression of 2nd Amend in city owned park !

Group spokesperson says message is political - where in the rules is that restricted?
Personally, I think it is celebratory.
Maybe he means not in accordance with his version = censorship. :cuss:

Yata hey
You've successfully lost me. Are you saying John/Mike deleted the thread because it was not specifically about OC?

ed

imported post

RedKnightt wrote:
You've successfully lost me. Are you saying John/Mike deleted the thread because it was not specifically about OC?
I think they celebrate the GUNS Save Lives message just as VCDL. It coulda just been a hiccup of the server.. That happened on a message baord I run too and people thought I removed it when in reality I had no idea.

My guess that the subject is ok is that this thread has survived! LOL.

back to topic.. do we have any recourse to make them accept our message or sue them for other messages that we find do no priase norfolk, etc.

I wonder if "OPENCARRY.ORG" would be approved?

RedKnightt

imported post

ed wrote:
I wonder if "OPENCARRY.ORG" would be approved?
It would probably be fine until someone in the office actually looked up the website and went "OMGWTFROFLBBQ!"

After the recent exchanges, they are probably vetting the applications a little harder. Plus, the deadline is over for submissions, isn't it?

wylde007

imported post

But, since the submittal was "rejected" after review they have two options:

return the money (boo)

or

accept a compromise message (less boo)

Either way, it has been evinced by their past behaviour that the City of Norfolk and any enterprise through which it exercises a controlling interest is firmly in the hands of liberal censors. They likely will not accept any messages that contradict the ones THEY want to express.

Neplusultra

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I would think that with all of the "gun trouble" Norfolk has been having, a decent lawyer could argue some kind of discrimination suit against the City for turning down this request.

...just sayin'
I'd say take a part of the money collected and have a lawyer write a pointed letter to them saying either free speech or lawsuit with damages and lawyer's fees....

Decoligny

imported post

wylde007 wrote:

return the money (boo)

or

Either way, it has been evinced by their past behaviour that the City of Norfolk and any enterprise through which it exercises a controlling interest is firmly in the hands of liberal censors. They likely will not accept any messages that contradict the ones THEY want to express.

This is where it would be great if we had access to the "approved" list of bricks.

If, and it's a big IF, they have approved anything like "Stop Gun Violence" or any similar type of statement on any brick, then they are allowing political free speech for one side of an issue while restricting it from the other.

Neplusultra

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
wylde007 wrote:

return the money (boo)

or

This is where it would be great if we had access to the "approved" list of bricks.

If, and it's a big IF, they have approved anything like "Stop Gun Violence" or any similar type of statement on any brick, then they are allowing political free speech for one side of an issue while restricting it from the other.
+1

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
wylde007 wrote:

return the money (boo)

or

+1
FOIA request wouldn't work?

Yata hey

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

[align=center]"In honor of Danladi Moore
and his City of Norfolk
victories"

[align=left]Wonder if they'd take that instead.
[/align][/align]

ed

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Request made today.

This is a request pursuant to the First Amendment and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") at Va. Code 5 2.2-3700 et seq.

seeking the following records:

On the website http://festeventsva.org/mini-site/turning-point-park-project/the-turning-point-project bricks/monuments/markers/plaques are offered for sponsorship for various organizations or individuals. Please provide me a list of all personalizations to date, both approved personalizations and those that have been denied as well as any that were produced for no charge/donation.

Thank you.

If for any reason you anticipate that the reasonable search and production costs of this FOIA request will exceed $20.00, please notify me of this estimate and await my response before commencing the search and production of records.

I thank you in advance for responding within the statutorily required 5 days. Pursuant to Section 2.2-3704 (A) my mailing address is below and the records should be mailed there.

Neplusultra

imported post

ed wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Request made today.

This is a request pursuant to the First Amendment and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") at Va. Code 5 2.2-3700 et seq.

seeking the following records:

On the website http://festeventsva.org/mini-site/turning-point-park-project/the-turning-point-project bricks/monuments/markers/plaques are offered for sponsorship for various organizations or individuals. Please provide me a list of all personalizations to date, both approved personalizations and those that have been denied as well as any that were produced for no charge/donation.

Thank you.

If for any reason you anticipate that the reasonable search and production costs of this FOIA request will exceed $20.00, please notify me of this estimate and await my response before commencing the search and production of records.

I thank you in advance for responding within the statutorily required 5 days. Pursuant to Section 2.2-3704 (A) my mailing address is below and the records should be mailed there.
You're an evil man Ed, evil man :^).