• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"GUNS Save Lives" bricks at Turning Point Park

Decoligny

imported post

ed wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
This is where it would be great if we had access to the "approved" list of bricks.
Request made today.

This is a request pursuant to the First Amendment and the Virginia Freedom of Information Act ("FOIA") at Va. Code 5 2.2-3700 et seq.

seeking the following records:

On the website http://festeventsva.org/mini-site/turning-point-park-project/the-turning-point-project bricks/monuments/markers/plaques are offered for sponsorship for various organizations or individuals. Please provide me a list of all personalizations to date, both approved personalizations and those that have been denied as well as any that were produced for no charge/donation.

Thank you.

If for any reason you anticipate that the reasonable search and production costs of this FOIA request will exceed $20.00, please notify me of this estimate and await my response before commencing the search and production of records.

I thank you in advance for responding within the statutorily required 5 days. Pursuant to Section 2.2-3704 (A) my mailing address is below and the records should be mailed there.
You Sir are my hero ! ! ! :celebrate

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
You Sir are my hero ! ! ! :celebrate

1. thank you.

2. It takes a "village". We must all stand up for our rights.. we must all write the places that band guns, etc. when the clal goes out. We need to go to the community meetings and speak up. (ok.. off soap box)

we will see what they respond with.

ed

imported post

ok.. BUSTED. I made a call "to a guy (or gal)I know and said.. "Wouldn't it be funny to let me mess with my sailor friend a little bit and have you remove the apostrophe from this link "link was provided") so I could call him (Boyd) out on it.. but it backfired and the joke is back on me... lol.. whoch makes it all the funnier.. you guys are on your toes!

sorry Boyd :-(

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
How did you clean that Ed? I saw the inadvertent apostrophe too = take's.

Yata hey
I saw it too. Somethin' fishy is going on here. :p
Notice that there is no editing shown for the corrected posts either.

I have editor authorization on another site which does not leave footprints of my having been there but other than that and clicking edit here (which shows), I do not have a clue how he did it.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
ok.. BUSTED. I made a call "to a guy (or gal)I know and said.. "Wouldn't it be funny to let me mess with my sailor friend a little bit and have you remove the apostrophe from this link "link was provided") so I could call him (Boyd) out on it.. but it backfired and the joke is back on me... lol.. whoch makes it all the funnier.. you guys are on your toes!

Problem is Ed that it seems less than funny to me. I often use humor and even have been known to snipe a bit at friends, misquoting them intentionally, but never actually changing what they said or quoted.

What troubles me here is that what we say is apparently not secure - it could be modified at will by someone with the expertise to do so and leave no footprints. That bothers me - very much.

Yata hey

ed

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
ed wrote:

Problem is Ed that it seems less than funny to me. I often use humor and even have been known to snipe a bit at friends, misquoting them intentionally, but never actually changing what they said or quoted.

What troubles me here is that what we say is apparently not secure - it could be modified at will by someone with the expertise to do so and leave no footprints. That bothers me - very much.

Yata hey
fair enough. I apologize to all involved.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
fair enough. I apologize to all involved.
I hold you in high regard Ed. You are an exceptional participant/activist on OCDO and the RKBA generally.

I understand your intent and while I do not condone the act, that is not what troubles me.

What truly concerns me is the ability to make it happen and what that says about the potential for great mischief/harm to OCDO.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

ed wrote:
so.. um back on topic for a sec..lol.. how much money is the donation pot and what other message shall we "shooy" for or should we wait and see what my FOIA response is?
Extremely interested in what their response to FOIA request is.

Yata hey