Thread: Well it finally happened....

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

An OC day without a single discernible event.

I was running errands today and covered a good part of central Snohomish county. I am pleased to say it was absolutely uneventful.

Started off in Snohomish at the Home Depot. I had to exchange something and spent about 10 minutes inside the store. Had a couple folks ask if I needed help, no comments and didn't even notice anyone look at my sidearm.

From there I stopped at the Fred Myer gas pumps, filled it up, emptied a buch of trash out of the car, popped the hood to check the oil. All the while cars were coming and going, not quite a line, but almost every pump was being used.

After getting gas I ran into Bridges pet store to browse a little and pick up a couple dog accesories. No problems, no stares, no one seemed to care (or maybe they just didn't notice).

Next stop was Tulalip Wal-Mart. I have OC'd there on several occasions and wasn't worrying about it. Usually the only attention I get is odd looks from the customers. Today, not even a glance. Again, several employees asked me if I needed help and didn't even appear to notice. Even the other customers seemed oblivious to me carrying.

After that I was off to the Lake Stevens branch of Key Bank. I waited patiently while the teller chatted with an elderly lady long after finishing her transaction, then I chatted a little with her when she saw I was waiting and apologized profusely for holding up the "line"(which consisted only of me) and being a chatty "old lady" (her words). I told her no problem, I wasn't in a rush and having a mother in law, I completely understood.

Final stop was to return a DVD and check out another one at Blockbuster. Again, not a single comment, stare, or sideways glance.

All in all an absolutely uneventful day. I was carrying my M&P9c in a Serpa holster with a spare magazine on the weakside. Light blue jeans and a light gray shirt, clearly visible to anyone paying attention.

Post imported post

Just the way it should be. Maybe we're having an affect.

edit to change "effect" to "affect." Did I get it right?

Post imported post

Sounds like how everyday should be

Post imported post

This is exactly what happens EVERY TIME I go out open-carrying. I've never had anyone come up and ask about my gun. I feel like I'm being robbed of being able to educate anyone. I never even get to hand out any pamphlets.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

JP,

No, it should be "effect".

Post imported post

Got to hate a day like that. jk glad all went well and I have them days all the time but as some have said I live in Aberdeen. :P

Post imported post

That is most excellent.If more and more good folk are seen as you are.It will become a non issue.I am seen so much around here I even have cops yelling out the window "Hey Jim hows it goin??" Yesterday had coffee for a bit yesterdaywith a Seatac officer. Didn't even discuss guns. People in the bank don't even look up anymore .Keep it up people and we will be seen as just plain folk.Nice giong!

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    Just the way it should be.* Maybe we're having an affect.

edit to change "effect" to "affect."* Did I get it right?

I'm no grammarian, but I think it's "We're having an effect on people.", and "People are being affected by us."

Post imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
    Ajetpilot wrote:

I'm no grammarian, but I think it's "We're having an effect on people.", and "People are being affected by us."
    The circumstances effected the result.

Grammatically correct. Now whatcha gonna do?
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Ajetpilot wrote:

Affect is a verb. Effect is noun. He was right the first time:P

Isn't the Tulalip walmart on the reservation? I thought you had to have permission from the tribe to carry on their land?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

Tawnos wrote:
    Ajetpilot wrote:

Affect is a verb. Effect is noun. He was right the first time:P

Isn't the Tulalip walmart on the reservation? I thought you had to have permission from the tribe to carry on their land?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:

It is but the tribal police chief doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I think Jbone would be the guy who I read had the conversation with him.

You would be surprised at how receptive many tribal members are to guns. After all our founding fathers "borrowed" our Rights from Native Americans, The five civilized nations of the Iroquois.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    That is most excellent.If more and more good folk are seen as you are.It will become a non issue.I am seen so much around here I even have cops yelling out the window "Hey Jim hows it goin??" Yesterday had coffee for a bit yesterdaywith a Seatac officer. Didn't even discuss guns. People in the bank don't even look up anymore .Keep it up people and we will be seen as just plain folk.Nice giong!
    Other than those two hot girls looking at us and whisperingto each otherwhen we were at starbucks

Post imported post

Very true Manu.......I think they wanted styling tips

Post imported post

I usually expect to have problems but so far zero even the cops don't mention it. There was a guy in a grocery I frequent ahead of me telling the cashier that he felt my gun was dangerous and the clerk just brushed him off, I guess that's what happens when people see you with a gun and understand your a good person.

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    I usually expect to have problems but so far zero even the cops don't mention it. There was a guy in a grocery I frequent ahead of me telling the cashier that he felt my gun was dangerous and the clerk just brushed him off, I guess that's what happens when people see you with a gun and understand your a good person.
    That guy was an instigator and an idealogue. He was trying to make your day bad because he was a hoplophobe. I love that word. Thanks Mike. I use it all the time now.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
    The cashier I see most often in the Safeway store where I shop is a shooter herself. Shoots at the same range I do. She'd probably tell the "complainer" to get a life.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

That is the way my OC experience are. Now I am working part time, I open carry a lot.
    In fact a few days ago I was having lunch at a Chinese restaurant and Ten feet away was 2 police detectives with there Glocks out in the open. I sat across from them showing my strong side and nothing.
    I am convinced that is how you look and behave. I have white hair and I am old.
    In fact I bet I am one of the oldest on the west side of the mountains on this board.
    When I go to the meets I feel a little out of place. How ever after a while I feel like I fit in better. (just by talking)

Post imported post

How Old? I'm 70.

Post imported post

Get outta my yard you whippersnapppers!!!!

Don't know why that popped into my head. Or why I had to share.

Post imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
    How Old? I'm 70.
    Your 70 years young. I quess I did not meet you yet?