• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Well it finally happened....

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

An OC day without a single discernible event.

I was running errands today and covered a good part of central Snohomish county. I am pleased to say it was absolutely uneventful.

Started off in Snohomish at the Home Depot. I had to exchange something and spent about 10 minutes inside the store. Had a couple folks ask if I needed help, no comments and didn't even notice anyone look at my sidearm.

From there I stopped at the Fred Myer gas pumps, filled it up, emptied a buch of trash out of the car, popped the hood to check the oil. All the while cars were coming and going, not quite a line, but almost every pump was being used.

After getting gas I ran into Bridges pet store to browse a little and pick up a couple dog accesories. No problems, no stares, no one seemed to care (or maybe they just didn't notice).

Next stop was Tulalip Wal-Mart. I have OC'd there on several occasions and wasn't worrying about it. Usually the only attention I get is odd looks from the customers. Today, not even a glance. Again, several employees asked me if I needed help and didn't even appear to notice. Even the other customers seemed oblivious to me carrying.

After that I was off to the Lake Stevens branch of Key Bank. I waited patiently while the teller chatted with an elderly lady long after finishing her transaction, then I chatted a little with her when she saw I was waiting and apologized profusely for holding up the "line"(which consisted only of me) and being a chatty "old lady" (her words). I told her no problem, I wasn't in a rush and having a mother in law, I completely understood.

Final stop was to return a DVD and check out another one at Blockbuster. Again, not a single comment, stare, or sideways glance.

All in all an absolutely uneventful day. I was carrying my M&P9c in a Serpa holster with a spare magazine on the weakside. Light blue jeans and a light gray shirt, clearly visible to anyone paying attention.

SpyderTattoo

imported post

This is exactly what happens EVERY TIME I go out open-carrying. I've never had anyone come up and ask about my gun. I feel like I'm being robbed of being able to educate anyone. I never even get to hand out any pamphlets.

okkid

imported post

Got to hate a day like that. jk glad all went well and I have them days all the time but as some have said I live in Aberdeen. :p

DEROS72

imported post

That is most excellent.If more and more good folk are seen as you are.It will become a non issue.I am seen so much around here I even have cops yelling out the window "Hey Jim hows it goin??" Yesterday had coffee for a bit yesterdaywith a Seatac officer. Didn't even discuss guns. People in the bank don't even look up anymore .Keep it up people and we will be seen as just plain folk.Nice giong!

trevorthebusdriver

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
Just the way it should be.  Maybe we're having an affect.

edit to change "effect" to "affect."  Did I get it right?

I'm no grammarian, but I think it's "We're having an effect on people.", and "People are being affected by us."

Tawnos

imported post

trevorthebusdriver wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
Just the way it should be. Maybe we're having an affect.

edit to change "effect" to "affect." Did I get it right?

I'm no grammarian, but I think it's "We're having an effect on people.", and "People are being affected by us."
The circumstances effected the result.

Grammatically correct. Now whatcha gonna do? ;)

Metalhead47

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

Affect is a verb. Effect is noun. He was right the first time:p

Isn't the Tulalip walmart on the reservation? I thought you had to have permission from the tribe to carry on their land?

Metalhead47

imported post

Tawnos wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:

Affect is a verb. Effect is noun. He was right the first time:p

Isn't the Tulalip walmart on the reservation? I thought you had to have permission from the tribe to carry on their land?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:

It is but the tribal police chief doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I think Jbone would be the guy who I read had the conversation with him.

You would be surprised at how receptive many tribal members are to guns. After all our founding fathers "borrowed" our Rights from Native Americans, The five civilized nations of the Iroquois.

Manu

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
That is most excellent.If more and more good folk are seen as you are.It will become a non issue.I am seen so much around here I even have cops yelling out the window "Hey Jim hows it goin??" Yesterday had coffee for a bit yesterdaywith a Seatac officer. Didn't even discuss guns. People in the bank don't even look up anymore .Keep it up people and we will be seen as just plain folk.Nice giong!
Other than those two hot girls looking at us and whisperingto each otherwhen we were at starbucks :D

FunkTrooper

imported post

I usually expect to have problems but so far zero even the cops don't mention it. There was a guy in a grocery I frequent ahead of me telling the cashier that he felt my gun was dangerous and the clerk just brushed him off, I guess that's what happens when people see you with a gun and understand your a good person.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
I usually expect to have problems but so far zero even the cops don't mention it. There was a guy in a grocery I frequent ahead of me telling the cashier that he felt my gun was dangerous and the clerk just brushed him off, I guess that's what happens when people see you with a gun and understand your a good person.
That guy was an instigator and an idealogue. He was trying to make your day bad because he was a hoplophobe. I love that word. Thanks Mike. I use it all the time now.

amlevin

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
The cashier I see most often in the Safeway store where I shop is a shooter herself. Shoots at the same range I do. She'd probably tell the "complainer" to get a life.

phoneguy

imported post

That is the way my OC experience are. Now I am working part time, I open carry a lot.
In fact a few days ago I was having lunch at a Chinese restaurant and Ten feet away was 2 police detectives with there Glocks out in the open. I sat across from them showing my strong side and nothing.
I am convinced that is how you look and behave. I have white hair and I am old.
In fact I bet I am one of the oldest on the west side of the mountains on this board.
When I go to the meets I feel a little out of place. How ever after a while I feel like I fit in better. (just by talking)