• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATV open carry

bigboar

imported post

Has anyone challenged the Oregon hunting regulation on carrying a loaded pistol while driving a ATV? I've meet up with some very unsavory types while out and about and it would be nice to be prepared.

jerg_064

imported post

It is unlawful according to Oregon code to carry any 'loaded' firearm while on an ATV, I think this includes even your pickup if your off-roading. I don't know if anyone has ever challenged it, if they have its been unsuccessfully.

Without PC or RAS no LEO or pine pig can search you legally, and since Carry is not PC or RAS and your not doing anything else illegal who's gonna know if you got one in the chamber provided there's no mag in the sidearm? And if your searched on the grounds of OC itself any evidence found should be thrown out of court.

Not that I'm advocating violating an unconstitutional law that is to be treated null and void.

Dannny L

imported post

jerg_064 wrote:
It is unlawful according to Oregon code to carry any 'loaded' firearm while on an ATV, I think this includes even your pickup if your off-roading. I don't know if anyone has ever challenged it, if they have its been unsuccessfully.

Without PC or RAS no LEO or pine pig can search you legally, and since Carry is not PC or RAS and your not doing anything else illegal who's gonna know if you got one in the chamber provided there's no mag in the sidearm? And if your searched on the grounds of OC itself any evidence found should be thrown out of court.

Not that I'm advocating violating an unconstitutional law that is to be treated null and void.

That is my understanding IF you have put and atv off road sticker on it, like is required at sand lake if your on the dunes. If you dn't classify your truck as an atv with a sticker then you shouldn't have any trouble. Just don't get caught on the dunes in you pickup without one. It is the sticker that will come into play, no sticker and your legally where your supposed to be, no trouble with loaded hand gun. Place a off road sticker on your truck and you have just admitted your truck to be an atv. Your right to carry loaded just vanished unless you are a disabled hunter and have your card. This is how it been explained to me.