• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Washington State, will visit Milwaukee, WI for a week

No1

Banned
imported post

cc prohibited oc legal but harassed with disorderly conduct charges

a loaded OR accessable gun in or on a vehicle is prohibited as concealed

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, No1 definately isn't on top of things.

1. NO CC, period.

2. NO firearmes within 1000' of a school (having knowlege of said school) except unloaded and encased. It is lawful to OC on PRIVATE PROPERTY (business parking lots) within the 1000' GFSZ. (SS 948.605)

3. No handguns in taverns or restaurants that sell alcohol for CONSUMPTION.

4. No OC/CC in a vehicle. Firearm must be unloaded, encased, and in the farthest "out of reach" location in passenger compartment. DO NOT PLACE HANDGUN AND CASE IN GLOVE BOX OR OTHER "CONCEALED" LOCATION!.

5. No firearms in public buildings (courthouses, city hall, etc.)

Most cities and counties have a ban on firearms in parks. This is generally accepted to be preempted by state statute but has not been pressed in the courts (yet). OC in a park at your own risk. You won't (shouldn't) be arrested and/or charged with DC any longer in WI. If stopped, turn on your digital voice recorder, and ask if you are free to leave (setting stage for lawful Terry stop).

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,

Woodchuck

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Woodchuck wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:
Mike wrote:
State v. Alloy, 616 N.W.2d 525 (Wis. App. 2000) which holds that possessing even an encased and unloaded gun within arms reach is unlawful concealment.  See http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum66/27200.html.
LINKY Busted
Or your browser's busted.  It just worked for me.
I'm on here so my browser must be just fine,

Got it again

HTTP 404 - File not found

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
Suggestions:
Go to mywowbb. com
Go to opencarry. mywowbb. com
Search opencarry.mywowbb.com for forum 57 66 27200
Search on Google:

Google Chrome Help - Why am I seeing this page?
©2009 Google - Google Home

Got it now, 3 failures and now it works

Woodchuck

imported post

So according to this

State v. Alloy, 616 N.W.2d 525 (Wis. App. 2000) (affirming concealed carry conviction of man possessing handgun in a vehicle in conformity with Wisconsin Stat. § 167.31 because “Alloy's argument is based on the false assertion that he was trapped by a conflict between Wis. Stat. § 167.31 and Wis. Stat. § 941.23. A person transporting a firearm is governed by both statutes. To comply with § 167.31, the person must encase the weapon. To comply with § 941.23, he or she must place the enclosed weapon out of reach. See State v. Asfoor, 75 Wis.2d 411, 433-34, 249 N.W.2d 529 (1977). A person complying with § 167.31 is not required to violate § 941.23. The encased weapon can be lawfully transported out of reach.”)

The way I'm currently transporting my firearm is not legal?

I have this
http://casesforguns.com/secure-it-handgun-safe.html
secured under my seat to the seat mount.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Woodchuck wrote:
So according to this

State v. Alloy, 616 N.W.2d 525 (Wis. App. 2000) (affirming concealed carry conviction of man possessing handgun in a vehicle in conformity with Wisconsin Stat. § 167.31 because “Alloy's argument is based on the false assertion that he was trapped by a conflict between Wis. Stat. § 167.31 and Wis. Stat. § 941.23. A person transporting a firearm is governed by both statutes. To comply with § 167.31, the person must encase the weapon. To comply with § 941.23, he or she must place the enclosed weapon out of reach. See State v. Asfoor, 75 Wis.2d 411, 433-34, 249 N.W.2d 529 (1977). A person complying with § 167.31 is not required to violate § 941.23. The encased weapon can be lawfully transported out of reach.”)

I have this
No, Not really. Although the laws do conflict each other. there is no mention in anypublished cases or case law if the firearm in question was loaded or unloaded.
My money says the defendants in thesesituations had aLOADED weapon in their vehicle!

I am sure there will be arguments due to my boldstatements, But argue away! I will continue to carry my fully cased, and unloaded firearms on the front seat of my pick-up truck without fear of arrest or citations and I would be willing to take my argumentsto the highest courts in the land.

Now if the firearm was placed into a plastic tote which is not specifically designed to house a firearm, and you had it in the passenger compartment in the vehicle, it could be a different story.

Woodchuck

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Woodchuck wrote:
So according to this

I have this
No, Not really. Although the laws do conflict each other. there is no mention in any published cases or case law if the firearm in question was loaded or unloaded.
My money says the defendants in these situations had a LOADED weapon in their vehicle!

I am sure there will be arguments due to my bold statements, But argue away! I will continue to carry my fully cased, and unloaded firearms on the front seat of my pick-up truck without fear of arrest or citations and I would be willing to take my arguments to the highest courts in the land.

Now if the firearm was placed into a plastic tote which is  not specifically designed to house a firearm, and you had it in the passenger compartment in the vehicle, it could be a different story.

I would hope any LEO with common sense would understand that a locked and secured case under my seat is a lot better than an unlocked and unsecured case in the backseat.